Sixteen.

Pain. All I could feel was pain. My head felt like a truck had run over it a dozen times and maybe it was still on me, as I couldn’t move. I felt paralyzed. The burning in my throat told me I should also be feeling nauseous and then one word managed to break through the throbbing in my skull.

Tequila.

A hell of a lot of tequila.

Slowly, very slowly I tried to open my eyes and found everything was dark. Well dark enough it didn’t add to my suffering and wiggling my fingers, the softness of the bed had me snuggling back into it.

The foul smell that hit me next nearly had me passing out and after a few more breaths; I realized the smell was me. Opening my eyes again I saw the bedside table, a bottle of water, painkillers. Good start.

I didn’t have the energy to sit up, so kind of rolled completely onto my stomach. Why did I drink so much tequila? I remember charging a bottle to our room; the rest was a little hazy.  My arm felt like rubber as I reached towards the water, keeping my head buried in the pillow. Instead of grabbing it, I knocked it over.

Why? Why did I do that?

“Need some help?” Logan’s voice broke into my morning agony and turning my head slightly, glanced up at him with blurry eyes.

“I’m dying. Call the doctor.” I managed to croak out.

“I told you to stay off the tequila!” he lectured. If I had the ability right now I’d tell him to fuck off. “Usually you just get violent on it.”

“I will if you don’t call a doctor!” I threatened, thought it was lacking a lot of conviction. Closing my eyes I tried to suffocate myself instead, putting my head back into the pillow. God, my breath stinks!

“Can you even move right now?”

I can feel my hair being pulled back, which only has the throbbing headache intensifying. A second later, I open my eyes to find the ceiling above me. How did that happen?

“Here, have some more water.” Logan appears, sitting beside me and I feel like an invalid as he tries to help me with the bottle.

A second later he offers me two pills and my body is finally waking up enough to fend for itself. “Thanks.”

“Anytime Bunny. Hungry?” He grins.

“No. God no.” I groan. “What’s the time?”

“Two o’clock.”

We got back to our room at two o’clock. I remember that much. “I slept all day?”

“Yeah, you did get up about ten and puked so I gave you some water then you just passed out again.” He is loving this. What kind of jerk enjoys seeing their girlfriend suffer?

I manage to take in the room and first of all notice the curtains blocking out the afternoon sunlight. Then it hits me. “Where the fuck are we?”

This isn’t the hotel and I’m starting to wonder if I was blaming tequila over nothing. Did they drug me again? Hung over or not, I will kill them!

“Well, when Ailin came to get us this morning, she said they were going to take you to the Council’s jail again. You didn’t manage to get out of there last time.” He tells me, and looking around I know we’re not there. “But I came up with a better suggestion and everyone agreed to it.”

“Logan, where are we?”

He doesn’t get to answer as the door swings open and my Mum walks in. The smell of the food she has on the tray has my stomach churning, yet not in complete disgust as I am actually kind of hungry.