38; narration

"thank you selected students for that amazing intermission number!" doyoung announced. as what's said, an intermission number was first performed before the dance club's turn.

"and now, last but not the least! let's all give a round of applause for the dance club!" the two MCs announced, then the said club went up to the stage and placed theirselves on their own positions for the performance. before they officially start, jungwoo tried to find lucas, and when he did, he mouthed a 'fighting', while balling his fist. lucas smiled then nodded at him in reply.

the crowd cheered as the music dropped, the dancers popping their bodies to the beat. black on black can be heard althroughout the whole university (just imagine that other dancers from diff groups were included to fill in the spots for the nct members that were not from the dance club oOF)

the crowd went wild when the climax of the routine took place— it's when taeyong, their leader and two other members were standing at the back of other members, lucas on the center spot. jungwoo watched them with awe, specially lucas. he's watching every little movement that lucas executes perfectly, precisely, and with swag. he can't help but to applause each time.

and the cheers were louder as the music's volume fleeted, followed by the ending formation of the dance. everyone applauded, some were even standing up. the dance club then lined up and bowed right after, taking an exit at the right.

jungwoo went up to the podium to say his next lines, "that was a grea—oh?"

doyoung went up too, whispering something to jungwoo and handed him a piece of paper. jungwoo nodded and faced the audience again, "well there is a surprise performance from one member of the dance club!" jungwoo started of them looked at the paper that doyoung gave, reading the script.

"with his self-composed song, let's all welcome xuxi! wait, sseushi—"  jungwoo announced, then wondered right after once he realized who will perform next. his heartbeat started beating rapidly again, as the sound of the guitar's melody was heard. he turned at the direction of the stage, making him shocked and frozen at the same time,

"l-lucas...? you—"

before jungwoo could talk again, lucas started to sing the lyrics, walking towards jungwoo in the process. the older can't still process what's happening— lucas is sseushi? but what's with seongwoo? lucas is his secret admirer all this time? why didn't he even notice that?

well duh, you're dense to the hundredth power. but that's not the point right now.

lucas held jungwoo's hand once he reached him. he stopped singing for awhile then smiled at him genuinely. lucas is all sweaty and is catching for his breath a little but he doesn't mind at all. jungwoo on the other hand, inhaled sharply at the contact but lucas just held his hand tighter before squeezing it lightly. lucas then walked slowly backwards, making them stand at the center of the stage, not breaking their eye contact. lucas smiled at him again, before bringing the mic infront of his mouth again to sing,

'coz you're my everything

my little everything

from your hair, up to your nose;

through your lips even through your toes

though his voice is not stable due to dancing hard just before singing, he still continued his surprise for jungwoo. jungwoo smiled, his cheeks were red as they were everytime he's with lucas. lucas noticed that jungwoo is getting more relaxed as he continue, and so he smiled at him again to make him more at ease. jungwoo returned the smile, his eyes are actually tearing up and he doesn't know why— because of being too happy? tears of joy? maybe.