Six

ANDY'S P.O.V

"Another drink for the little lady?" The bartender asked sliding another shot towards me.

"No thanks, I've had enough." I said declining it as nicely as possible.

He smiled showing his missing teeth and serves it to someone else. Buck entered the room followed by Dallas. They seemed deep in conversation.

My mind was all over the place but I knew I heard mine and Maddy's name. I tried processing it all but Dallas walked over before I could.

"Andy." He said.

That was the first time I heard him say my name nicely in years. The way he faked not knowing my real name at the Curtis house broke me a little more inside.

"Why are you talking to me?" I slurred slightly trying to sober up.

"Because Maddy knows."

"Knows what?" I asked.

"About Carmine."

"How? Did you tell her?" I asked quickly.

Dallas nodded. "She wants us to get along like we did in the good ol' days and thats what I'm trying to do for her."

"Dallas, it'll never be the same. Your the reason she's dead." I choked out.

"No I'm not Carmine cheated." Dallas said.

I froze. I looked up at him his eyes searched mine for an emotion but I couldn't produce any. I slipped off my chair and dashed out the door.

"Andy!"

I ran home. The only place I could think of. The place where all my memories lie. Where Carmine's memories lie. I flung the door open.

Mary looked at me with disgust. "What are you doing here?"

"I live here-e." I stuttered.

"I told you to not come back! What don't you understand you little bitch!" Mary raged at me.

Tears filled my eyes as she took her anger out at me. She slapped me hard across the face and it seemed everything happened in slow motion.

Her beer bottle slammed to the floor shattering. I slid to the floor clutching my cheek as tears slipped out my eyes. She never hit me even when she was drunk like this. I stood up and stumbled to the door.

"Why can't you love me like you did Carmine!" I cried.

"All I wanted was you to be the Mother I needed! I need you as much as any child needs their mother! But you obviously don't need me!"

"I hate you!" I screamed tears flowing down my cheeks.

I ran out the door and slammed it shut behind me. I took off down the street to Maddy's house hoping I could be safe their. I shimmied up the fence along the side of the house and through the window leading to her room.

Maddy looked at me with shock as mascara caked my cheeks and my eyes were puffy and red.

"Did Mary kick me out?" I choked.

"Yeah, your staying with me remember?" I shook my head no and brought my feet to my chest.

"She hit me. Mary hit me. And all I ever wanted was for her to be my mother like she was to Carmine." I sobbed rocking back and forth slowly.

"Andy-,"

"Why can't I have someone who loves me! Why can't I be like Carmine! Why can't I be dead like Carmine!"