Four

ANDY'S P.O.V

Walking around for a while, it started to rain. Just my luck. I didn't have a hood so I did my best to stay under the roofs of houses and other buildings.

I came across and empty lot. I ran over to it and hid inside the old car. The inside of the car was covered in cob webs and dirt. It was good enough for now.

I sat in their for hours until the rain died down. When it did I noticed the Curtis brothers and Dallas, Steve, Twobit and Johnny came to the lot to play football.

I did my best to get out of the car without being scene. I did get manage too but I realized I had to walk across the lot. I put my hood up and stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked out.

A football landed at my feet. I picked up and handed it to Steve.

"Wilder?" He asked in a whisper.

I put my finger to my mouth signaling him to be quiet. I walked past him and out of the lot. Walking in the direction of Maddy's house.

I got to her house and knocked on the door. Her mother Alaina answered.

"Hi Andy, are you here for Maddy?" She greeted.

I nodded. "Is she here?"

"Mhm, she's up in her room." Alaina said stepping to the side.

I smiled at her and walked upstairs to her room. I knocked on the faded pink door and waited for an answer.

"Come in."

I opened the door and stepped inside. "Hey."

"What are you doing here?" She asked as I closed the door behind me.

"No where else to go." I said simply.

"Why didn't you go home to Mary like I told you?"

"Can't. Mary kicked me out." I said bluntly.

Maddy was shocked. "Oh Andy i'm so sorry!"

"it's fine." I shrugged.

"Where are you staying?" Maddy asked.

"I was hoping that's where you would come in? I only need a place to stay until I find a place!" I pleaded.

Maddy shrugged. "It's not up to me. It's up to my folks."

"Can you ask please Maddy?"

"Alright come with me." She said getting off her bed.

I followed her downstairs and into the living room where her mother was sitting on the couch and her father tried to fix the tv.

"Mom," Maddy said getting her mothers attention.

"Yes Maddy?"

"Um, is it okay if Andy stays with us for a little while?" Maddy asked quietly.

"What for?" Her father Hank said earning our attention.

"My mother kicked me out." I said sheepishly.

"Oh! Of course you can stay Andy! I'm so sorry dear." Her mother exclaimed.

"It's okay with me, make yourself at home." Hank said with a smile.

"Thank you, I won't be here that long just until I find a place." I said gratefully.

"Oh stay as long as you need,"

Maddy and I went back up to her room. She threw on her jacket and fixed her hair before turning back to me.

"I'm gonna go into town care to join?" She asked.