Our Secret Place (short)

(Y/N)'s Pov

It was a beautiful day today. I had decided to take L out on a small date. As much as he didn't want to go outside, he agreed to make me happy.

We had been to a cafe and we grabbed a coffee and L bought like 3 cakes! For himself! He ate them all in no time as well!

Once we left the cafe, we were making our way back to the taskforce, but I stopped L by grabbing his sleeve.

"I don't want to go back to the taskforce just yet. I'd like to show you something", I say.

"Oh, okay then", L replied, a little confused.

I take L's hand and lead him down the streets until we came to a small staircase in a small, dark alleyway.

"Where are we going (Y/N)?" L asked.

"You'll see", I say, smiling at him as he tilts his head.

I lead him down the dark stairs until we came to a small area with a view of the ocean and some trees too.

"Surprise!" I say.

"This is very nice (Y/N), but why did you decide to bring me here?" L asked.

"Well you see, I'm the only person who knows about this place. I come here when I get upset, scared or lonely. It's pretty isn't it?"

L nodded, before flinching after realising what this meant.

I giggle at him.

"I brought you here because I can trust you a lot L. And I want to spend time with you more than just at work". My cheeks heat up a little as I look over to him.

"Don't tell anyone about this place though, okay?" I smile at him and put a finger to my lips. "I can trust you to keep a secret, right?"

L was surprised for a moment, his cheeks going slightly pink.

"Yes. I won't tell anyone. I promise you", he said, looking at the ground.

"Good!" I take his hand and lead him to the banister as we watch the sun go down below the horizon.
The wind blowing our hair back.

"It's very nice here", L said. "How did you find this place?"

"I have my ways", I say, snuggling into L's shoulder, causing him to tense up a little, but relax shortly after.

He smiled lightly.

"I want to come here everyday with you (Y/N)", he says.

"I'm sure we can find time off work to come here", I giggle.

It was silent for a moment as we continued to watch the ocean.
I then stand up and turn L to face me.

"L, I'm sure you know that I really really like you. So, I brought you here partly because I want to confess to you".

The wind picked up a little, blowing my hair to the side. L stared at me, but his cheeks seemed to go a darker red.

"L, I love you. Will you allow me to be your girlfriend?" I ask, smiling at the end.

L walked over to me and took my hands.

"You don't have to ask", he said, giving me a gentle kiss on the forehead.