Too Close!!

(Y/N)'s Pov

"Hey! Don't you think L's getting too close to (Y/N) recently?" I could hear Misa whisper to Light.

"Oh yeah! Like, I thought they were just friends, but they seem to be all over each other!" Light replied.

I growled as my cheeks go red.

"Don't let their words distract you (Y/N)", L said, typing on his laptop.

I sighed trying to shake off Light and Misa's words. This has been going on for a month now and it's starting to really get to me!

"Are (Y/N) and Ryuzaki in a relationship?!" I hear Matsuda whisper.

I slam on the table and stand up.

"NO! WE ARE NOT TOGETHER!! WE ARE JUST VERY CLOSE FRIENDS!!" I yell. I have a very short temper too.

Everyone was soon silent and got back to work.

I sigh.

"Sorry L", I say, turning to him.

"That's alright (Y/N)".

"I think I'm gonna call it a night now. I need some time to clear my head from all this stress", I walk towards the stairs.

"Alright then. Goodnight (Y/N)", L calls to me.

"Aww! That's cute! L said goodnight to (Y/N)!" Misa whisper yelled.

I stop at the stairs, clenching my fists.

"I bet (Y/N)'s leaving cause she's really embarrassed! Aww!" Matsuda teased.

I growled again.

"(Y/N)..." L looked over to me.

I release my anger when I hear L's voice. I took a deep breath and head upstairs.

L's Pov

"Isn't it funny how (Y/N) was gonna flip, but calmed down when L spoke?" Matsuda asked.

I turned around in my seat.

"I suggest you all be quiet and get back to work!" I say. "We are just friends and nothing more! Now stop your stupidity and focus!"

I gave the taskforce a very serious look, which seemed to scare them. Everyone quickly scrambled back to work. I turned back around and continued to work on my laptop.

-A few days later-

L's Pov

"This is getting weird", Light said.

"Yeah! (Y/N) hasn't been here for about a week now! What's up with that?" Misa asked.

"Maybe she's really ill or had an appointment. Or she might have had to rush home due to an emergency", Matsuda said.

"If there was an emergency or if (Y/N) had an appointment, she would have called us so we wouldn't be concerned about her whereabouts", I say.

"She's probably ill then", Matsuda replied.

"(Y/N) hasn't been answering any of my calls either", Misa said.

'She hasn't been answering my calls either', I thought.

"I'm guessing she's ill" Matsuda said again.

'Judging from what's been happening lately, (Y/N) may be trying to avoid me', I think to myself. 'Everyone thinks we're in a relationship, so if (Y/N) isn't around me, no one would mention the situation'. I place a thumb to my lip.

I decided to call (Y/N) myself to see if she would respond to me.

"What is it?" Was the reply.

So she did answer.