The Promise

(A/N): This is based around the plot of Nisekoi with the keys and the locket and stuff. I won't say much for those who haven't seen Nisekoi and to be honest, I haven't finished the anime yet, so I don't really know what happens. Please, no spoilers either! Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this!

"We we reunite...Let's get married!"

Those were the last words you said to that boy 10 years ago before the two of you went your separate ways and never saw each other again...

You couldn't remember the boy's name or what he looked like, but one things for sure, you never forgot that promise you made to him.

You were going to find him...!

And you were going to marry him, just like you promised...!

The locket that was around your neck always reminded you of that promise and that you had to find that boy...

"(Y/N)! Wake up!" You were shaken awake by your co-worker L.

"Oh!" You shot up in your seat. "Did I fall asleep again?" You sigh, rubbing your eyes.

"That's the third time this week, that you have fallen asleep at work. You really should plan your sleeping schedule better", L said.

"Yeah...Sorry", you blushed.

L...

He was nice. Although he looked serious all the time, he was a very kind person. He always helped you out and made sure you got home safely.

You...may or may not have formed a little crush on him over the time you worked with him...

'Dammit (Y/N)! You made a promise that you would marry that boy! You can't crush on L! Stop thinking such things!!'

Although...

You wanted to ask L about the promise and see if he knew anything about it, but you were almost certain that he knew nothing about it. He'd probably think you're crazy or something.

"So, did you get those papers finished yesterday?" L asked, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Huh?! Oh! Yeah! They're here!"

You go into your bag and pull out some papers and hand them to L.

"You finished these at the last minute, didn't you?" He asked.

"No! Well...maybe..."

L shook his head and looked through the papers.

'There's no way that boy could be L...' You thought.

'But...whenever I think of the promise...why do I think of L too? Is it because I like him? Is that it?'

You sigh quietly, but L heard it.

"Is something bothering you (Y/N)?" He asked.

"No! Just stressed..." You say.

"About what? What's bothering you?"

You sigh again.

'Guess I have to tell him now', you thought.

You pull out the locket from under your shirt.

"This..." You say.

L's eyes widened slightly.

"What's that?" He asked.

"It's a locket. 10 years ago, I made a promise to a certain boy that when we reunite, we will get married. If he has the right key, this locket will open and we will be together again. But the thing is, I don't remember the boy's name or what he looks like", you say.

"I see", L put his thumb to his lip.

"I was going to tell you about this sooner, to be honest with you. But you probably think I'm crazy!" You giggle.

"I don't think you're crazy (Y/N)", L said. "I should have asked about it sooner".

"Huh?"

L reached into his jeans pocket and took something out.

Your eyes widened and a slight gasp escapes your lips.

It was a key...

"Wh-Where did you get that?" You ask.

"10 years ago, I also made a promise to a certain girl. It was the exact same as what you just said to me. But I don't remember the girl's name or what she looks like either", L said, holding up the key with his finger and thumb.

You feel your cheeks heat up.

Could L really be that boy...?

"M-Maybe, we can try that key?" You ask.

L flinched.

"I-I don't see why not..." he replied, his face going red.

L took a deep breath and held the key towards your locket.

"(Y/N)...?"

"Y-Yeah...?"

"If this locket does open, and you are the girl I made the promise to 10 years ago, what are you gonna do?"
L looked up at you, his face going more red.

"I-I guess we'll get married", you say, flashing a small smile, even though sweat was pouring off you and your face was bright red. "That was what I promised".

"Y-You're right..." L said, covering his mouth with his other hand.

L inserted the key into the locket.

'Oh god! It fits perfectly!' You thought. 'Could this really be true?!'

L quietly gulped as he turned the key.

You closed your eyes.

Click!

"It...opened..." L whispered.

"What...?!"

You open your eyes...

He was right...

The locket had opened...!

You look up at L who was still staring at the locket, his eyes wide and his face bright red. His hand was covering his mouth.

"Y-You're that girl..." He said.

"And you're...that boy..." You say.

"I can't believe it's you (Y/N)..." L said.

"All this time, I kept thinking about who I made that promise to...and I found out he was sitting next to me this whole time...!" You say, tears forming in your eyes.

L took his hand away from his mouth, smiled and looked up at you.

"So...are you still planning on marriage?" L asked, chuckling a little.

"I don't break promises", you say, giggling.

"Good, because I want to marry you (Y/N)", L said, grabbing your wrists and smashing his lips against yours.
You instantly melt into the kiss, wrapping your arms around L's neck as he wrapped his around your waist.

You still couldn't believe it!
Your crush, L, turned out to be that boy you played with as a child.

And you were going to marry him!

It must be fate...!