Chapter 7

“GET UP!” I screamed at Claire. “We’re leaving in half an hour! Uncle Simon is already gone.”

“ERRR!”

“It’s boot camp week! I don’t want to miss anything!”

I already had my hair and makeup done. I walked into my closet as Claire sat up. I pulled out a red cotton dress and my white blazer. I grabbed my red converse and some accessories. I put on the outfit and tied a red bow in my hair, it was another high ponytail. Claire came into my closet and pulled on jeans and my plaid shirt. She slipped on Toms and some accessories, to match. By the time she finished, she was more awake.

“Let’s go!” She smiled.

We walked outside and got into a cab. I gave the driver the address and we were on our way.

“Aren’t you excited?” Claire asked.

“For what?”

“To see who’s made it, the boys…Liam?” I felt my cheeks heat up.

“Yes! Aren’t you excited to see Niall?” Claire glared, her face turning pink.

The cab finally stopped. I paid and we ran inside of the Wembly Arena.

“Nice of you two, to join us.” Uncle Simon smiled.

“Sorry.” We mumbled. Claire and I had to go backstage to wait. They were filming and we weren’t supposed to be seen. Finally we were a loud back, but we were already bored.

“Let’s go listen to the practices!” Claire squealed.

“We’d have to be quiet. Let’s just hang backstage.” We sat in chairs and started listening to the over twenty-five contestants. A few of them screeched and belted the song. I winced. None of them were great. Next out were the groups. A lot of them did great. Claire and I left for lunch as the boys went onstage.

“Here!” We stopped outside of a chic bistro.

It was within walking distance of the arena. We were seated and a waitress appeared.

“I’ll just have a Caesar salad.”

“I want the chips!” Claire picked.

“Anything else?”

“That’s it, thanks.” The waitress walked away.

“I hope the boys are doing better. The first set of people were awful!” Claire whispered.

“I’m sure they are.”

The waitress brought over our food and went to another table.

“WHAT IS THIS?”

“Your chips.”

“No, these are fries! I asked for chips.”

“Claire-Bear, Fries and chips are the same thing. Here chips are called crisps.” I laughed at Claire’s frown.

“That’s stupid.”

“Do you want something else?”

“No…I’ll eat this.”

I ate my salad as Claire poked at her fries. A few minutes later, we paid and walked back to the arena.

“How do you think the boys did?” Claire asked.

“I have no idea, I just hope Uncle Simon made good choices.”

We walked in through the back, to get backstage. A cluster of boys came through. I saw five familiar faces.