Chapter 1

"Freak!"

I looked up from my open locker. A girl sneered. I turned back to my locker and grabbed my chemistry book, slamming the door harder than I needed to. I walked down the hall towards the library, my free period.

"I'd snog her.... If she wasn't so weird!" I saw a guy mumble to another.

"Yeah, so would I."

I rolled my eyes. Two more months and I was gone. Being the only American in this school was difficult. Everyone knew each other. All of my friends were an ocean away. At first everything was fine. Everyone ignored me and vice versa. But I'd started talking to myself at lunch. I'm not crazy or anything but sometimes when I over think, I start thinking out loud. I was labeled a freak, and I ended up spending lunch in the library. I didn't mind though. I love reading.

Yeah, Life was rainbows and lollipops in London. Note the sarcasm. I guess you could say the last year had been difficult on me but I wasn't crazy. Sad and alone? Maybe... But I'm definitely sane.

" Miss Sage?" The librarian asked as I walked in.

"Yes?" I asked setting my stuff behind her desk. Usually I come in and help order the shelves and check books back in.

"Everything is done. I'm going to a faculty meeting. But feel free to go on the computer, work on homework, or whatever. Just man the checkout desk." She walked out of the library, leaving me alone. I pulled out my note book and flipped to lyrics I had written.

'Give you this, give you that... Blow a kiss,'

Hmm, blow a kiss? Take it Back!.

''Give you this, give you that... Blow a kiss, take it back'

"Ahem.." I looked up from my notebook, into a set of chocolaty brown, eyes. A guy. He smiled a little.

"Sorry! Can I help you?" I set my pen down and logged into the computers catalog.

"I just moved here. I need some books." He bit his bottom lip. He was attractive, I had to admit.

"Let me see your schedule." He gave me a funny look. "Ya know, so I can get you the books."

"Give me a minute,....?"

"Liam. Liam Payne."

"One minute, Liam." I smiled and turned to the stacks of books. I pulled the ones he needed and checked them out to him.

"Unit Seventeen..." I handed him the books.

"What?" He looked confused.

"We have Chemistry together." I smiled.

"So, I'll see you in Chem.?" He asked.

"Yeah. My name's Fallon, by the way. Fallon Sage." I smiled at him.

"Bye, Fallon."

"Bye Liam." I sat back in the chair dumbfounded. My first real conversation with a teenager in over a year. I picked up the note book and flipped to a new page. I finally had something to write to Claire about. Why not home? Home. Such a funny word. No, home wasn't where I used to live with my parent's. Home was Claire's family and house. Claire, my best friend. I closed the notebook and took my phone out instead.

To Claire-Bear: I just had my first conversation! xx-Fal.

Claire-Bear: Finally! It's been like a year! Xx

To Claire-Bear: Don't rub it in! You try moving to a school where you're the only American.

Claire-Bear: At least you're out of school, after this year. I'll still have two years. Stupid schools in America.