Chapter 15

SMACK! I woke up to a sting on my cheek.

“What the…CLAIRE! Why’s you slap me?!” I rubbed my tingling cheek.

“You wouldn’t wake up! I couldn’t tell if you were alive.” She whined.

“Well I’m alive…obvi!”

“Will you make breakfast?” She asked, ignoring my sarcasm.

“NO! Go make your own. I’m getting ready for the elevator tour.”

“Fine.” I watched as Claire slumped and left the room.

After plugging in my curling iron, I put my I-pod on it’s dock and hit shuffle. When the music started, I danced my way to the closet. I decided on a white sun dress and red ballet flats. Looking through my jewelry, I picked up the heart necklace with rubies that my mom had given me. Heading back into the bathroom, I curled my hair into ringlets before flipping my head upside down and shaking them out. The result was wavy curls. Taking the sides, I pinned them back and started my make-up. Claire bounced in wearing a blue dress similar to mine, with white flip flops in her hand. She had on a cross necklace with aquamarine gems.

“Hey girl!” She grinned, waterfall braiding her hair.

“Someone’s excited for the trip.” I laughed.

“Someonesexcitedforthetrip..” Claire mocked. “No…We’re practically wearing the same thing.” Her smile faltered.

“That has no relevance to the statement. Excitement is a feeling not an outfit choice.”

“Whatever! Don’t start with me Mrs. I’m Dating Harry Styles.” She joked.

“I’m not though…We broke up.”

“FAYBEE! Why didn’t you TELL me?!”

“You didn’t ask? Plus, we’re still friends.”

“I am highly disappointed.”

“You’ll know the next time ANYTHING happens. Better?”

“I guess so.” She smiled, going back to bouncing around. 

Such a bi-polar friend…Leaving Claire, I headed to the kitchen and took a granola bar.

“FALLON HELP!” I heard Claire scream.

Running into my room, I stopped short. Claire was in the middle of the room tugging her flip flop away from Halo. Halo wouldn’t let the shoe go, subtly ignoring the string of commands.

“Whose dog listens better?” I joked looking at Armani, who was watching Halo from his position on my bed. When Halo finally let go, we grabbed our phones and money.

“Where are you two off to in such a hurry?” Uncle Simon called from his open office door.

“We’re going to St. Bartholomew’s.”

“You and who?

“What do you mean?” Claire asked.

“Who else. You never say We’re when it’s just the two of you.”

“The group One Direction.” Claire mumbled.

“Oh…Fallon a word?”

“Claire why don’t you go over and get them? I’ll meet you outside?” I pleaded with my eyes. She nodded giving me a knowing look. Claire left, closing the door firmly.

“You can’t keep secluding them from the others.”

“I’m not! We’re just hanging out.”