Out Of The Crowd Part 2

‘Are they kidding?’ EM asks me in a whisper, I shrug my shoulders and force myself to breath. All the fans are starting to cry, none are making a move to leave for the exit, despite the assistance trying to move them all out. Every fan stand and cries. ‘What are we gonna do MJ?’ Emily whispers, I shrug my shoulders, in disbelief. I force myself to breath and look around, trying to think of away that will work, a way that will get us too see the One Direction members, and get out gear signed like we come here for.  I look around, and see men and women taking notes. And I instantly wonder why, are they trying to make this to a headline they can sell for money. Something along these lines maybe One Direction Fans Cry At Signing Cause Of No Show. I can just imagine it, and it makes my gut turn, I feel butterflies in my gut. EM grabs my arm ‘what an earth are we gonna do?’ she asks, the crying gets louder, and every girl is wiping a tear from her eye, or leaning on a friends shoulder. It looks to me as if EM and I are the only one’s holding it together. We are not crying, we are not screaming, kicking a fuss or a fit. We are just trying to figure out how to get our stuff signed and see the pop sensation One Direction. A lady in a stand out red and blue suit is coming towards us, I don’t know if she’s coming for EM and I, but I can see she’s pushing through the many crying fans, and pointing to around us. So to me it looks like she’s coming for us. ‘EM’ I whisper ‘is that lady coming for us?’ I ask her.  EM looks where I am pointing ‘I’ll say so’ she says with a smile, I grab onto her arm and hold tight ‘EM’ I say ‘Do you reckon we stand out of the crowd?’ I ask her EM shrugs her shoulders ‘I guess we do’ she admits and I smile we watch the lady struggle to get to us, when she is just a bit away, and we can almost reach out or call out to her, we get the biggest shock of our lives she stops coming towards us, and turns around and walks right back to where she came from. I feel my heart stop. EM squeezes my arm, tighter then what I think she meant too. ‘Oh no’ she sighs, and I sigh too, we don’t cry though, we don’t make a fuss, or get upset, we just smile and carry on waiting, carry in thinking what can we possibly do, to met One Direction. EM and I start to slow chatter she shows me the stuff she wanted signed and I smile, as she shows me. I have a few things I wanted signed too. I feel myself go a bit weak, a bit upset, but I keep it together, ‘Lets stay another couple of minutes’ I suggest to EM, she nods ‘then we will go get a hot cuppa and some breakfast’ EM smiles and nods. We still look around the massive crowded room.  Girls are still crying, some are now hugging and trying to comfort each other. But most of them, are still really upset and distressed.  ‘I can’t bare it any more’ EM says and I smile ‘lets go’ I say, I help her gather up her things, and we start to make the journey out. ‘Thanks for getting me down here’ she says ‘no problem’ I say ‘no problem at all EM, I’m glad I could get ya down here just disappointed it got cancelled’ I say ‘Me too’ EM admits ‘me too MJ’ we carry on making our way out. We step over mountains of One Direction merchandise before we finally make our way to the way out. EM turns around to take one last glimpse, of the massive room, she puts one foot out the door. And I start to follow her. I stop though when I see out of the corner of my eye the lady in the red and blue suit rushing towards us. It can’t be a mistake this time, she is smiling and her eyes and looked on EM and me.