Arms Deal With Yakuza

Chapter 5

When our dad didn't answer, we decided to go and see if he was at the apartment. We found him on the floor with blood all over him he looked like he was attacked.

Allison and I rushed forward and tried to rouse him when we eventually did, Allison and I put his arms around our necks and drag him to the office chair and called Isaac and Scott, so Dad could tell us what we were dealing with and what happened to him.

        Allison stitched dad's head wound while I wiped the blood off.

        “His eyes where glowing?” Scott inquires after my father starts to explain what happened to him when he was a young man and first came in contanct with the masked men.

        “There was something almost ritualistic about it. Like it was looking right into his soul.” Dad explains.

        “That's the same thing it did to me.” Isaac interjects.

        “That's what they did to everyone.” Allison adds.

        “Not everyone. They only went after the werewolves.” Scott cuts in.

                “I'm not a werewolf and neither is Lydia.” I point out.

        “Anyone with a connection to the supernatural.” Dad corrects.

        “Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?” Isaac questions.

         “A kumicho. A yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only 18 and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise.” Dad replies.

         “Or your ability to survive.” Allison suggests.

        “The moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. Like ninjatos.”

        I look down, that's exactly what happened when Derek and I got attacked. They just materialized out of the shadows.

        “What did they want?” I ask.

        “To get to the kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way.” I touched the place where I was marked and so did Isaac.

        “Did they mark him like they did us?” I question.

        “Not exactly.”

         “What was he?” Scott asks.

        “I don't know. But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi.... They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've know for a while Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down.” Dad informs.

         “Didn't look like he wanted to be found.” Isaac points out.

        “Not particularly, no.”

        “You think he knows what they are?” Scott asks.

        “Or what they want?” I add.

         “Maybe.” Dad replies.

         “What if he doesn't want to talk?” Allison inquires.