Almost Perfect

Listen to : You and me by lifehouse

Chapter 4

We finally got the door open and Isaac was on the floor shaking. “Isaac!” I excalim.

        I ran to his side I touched his arm and his skin felt like ice.

        Allison got on the other side and my dad was next to me.

        “He's freezing. Dad, he's like ice.” Allison points out.

          Dad got Isaac to look at him. “Isaac, look at me. Isaac.” Dad said.

        “What's happening to him?” I question in a panic.

        “Isaac, come on. Isaac, listen. You have to turn.” He wouldn't snap out of it he was shaking. “Look at me. You need to turn.” Then my dad slapped him. “You need to trigger it. Come on. Turn!” He punched him in the face. “Turn! Turn!” He hit Isaac one more time and he turned. His eyes glowed yellow and he pushed my dad off.

        He sat up against Allison's bed frame. He had tears in his eyes. “Did you see them?” He choked out looking at me then Allison.

        “Who?” Allison asks.

        “There were five of them. They wore black. I couldn't... I couldn't see their faces. They were covered.” 

        I then ask him calmly. “What do you mean? Like masks?”

        “One on them, I could see his eyes. They were greenish-yellow. Like a... Like a firefly.” I moved closer to Isaac and gave his hand a squeeze while Allison moved closer as well.

         “The security system wasn't triggered.” Dad points out from next to Allison's window.

        “How did they get in?” Allison questions softly.

        “They didn't. It was like they came out of the shadows.” Dad got a look on his face like he knew exactly what Isaac was talking about.

        “Do you know what that means?” I ask.

        He didn't answer. “Dad?” Allison repeats.

        “Um... I'm not sure. Listen, the three of you, I need you to keep this quiet for a few hours.”

        “From everyone?” Isaac asked sniffling.

        “Just 24 hours.”

        “They could've killed him, Dad.” Allison states.

        “But they didn't. And I think there was a reason why. I think they might have been after me.”

                =

        The next day at school I walk in wearing a white tank top with black arrows on it, black jeans and my brown combat boots my hair tied into a high pony tail with some lose strands hanging down.

         I was looking forward to just trying to have a normal day and trying not to think about what happened to Isaac. But since it's Beacon Hills and Halloween I don't think that's gonna happen. But I'm just trying to be optimistic for the first time.

        =

        So Coach is walking around with blow-horn. “Class starts in five minutes. Just because there's no power don't except there to be no school.”