Derek And His Blowtorch

Scott and I walked into the hospital and was quickly rushed by Mama McCall. She quickly informed us about Isaac. That's why I had a freaking headache, minor chest pains and cramps all day, I was blaming early PMS I seriously hated being a Bivio sometimes.

"Why didn't you tell us before?" Scott questions his mother as we hurry down the hall.

 "Honestly, I was hoping I didn't have to." She replies.

 "What do you mean?" Scott asks. 

"Everything that you have been doing, the extra reading, the summer school, saving for the bike, even though it scares me half to death..." She says with a smile then shoots me a glance. "Emily you were readjusting. Guys I just didn't want to disrupt a good rhythm."

"It's not gonna stop." I say firmly.

 "I'm gonna be better this year. A better student, a better son," He pauses and looks at me. "a better friend, a better everything. I promise." Scott defends.

 "Okay. He's in room 215 if he isn't already in surgery." 

"Okay thanks." Scott and I say together. He kisses his mother and we both run to find Isaac.

 He wasn't in the room so Scott and I get into the elevator. The door starts closing when a white cane with a red tip stops it from shutting. A man around Mama McCall's age who has blonde hair, dark sunglasses who appears to be blind walks in the elevator. "Would you hit the button for the second floor, please?" He asks. I go to push the button but its already pushed. I awkwardly push it again. "Thank you." He mumbles.

 The door shuts and Scott and I rock back and forth on our heals until we get to the second floor. We share a concerned look. "You wouldn't mind helping me out for a second, would you Miss?" He asks me. 

I turn to Scott, I can't be rude, but we are in a bit of a hurry. "Okay." I mutter.

He puts his hand on my shoulder and I walk with Scott next to me. I hang my head down in annoyance we have to find Isaac.  After that guy got to where he needed to be. Scott and I rush to find Isaac.

When we round a corner to another elevator we see the elevator doors closing and someone is in a wheel chair. It's Isaac, with a tall dark skinned male nurse and with a clawed hand he goes to shut the door. He smiles at us smugly. Scott and I share a look. Great werewolf.

Scott lets out a snarl with his claws out. The nurse wolf shifts as well.

  We take off sprinting to the elevator.

We fall to the ground, Scott is the first up. I climb up to my feet, and I notice the fake nurse's eyes are red. Oh great this guy is not only big foot werewolf he is an Alpha werewolf of course. He picks up Scott and throws him into the wall.

I kick my leg into his side. This makes him stumble but he regains his balance and throws me into the wall. He throws Scott again.

Then picks up both of us and starts choking us.

 "Don't you realize what you're dealing with? I'm an Alpha." He growls. I grab onto his wrist, ready to try and pry it off when I catch the doors open and Derek appears behind the Alpha.

 "So is he, jackass." I say with a smirk.

 Derek throws him across the room and Scott and I drop to the floor. I let out a cough. "Aren't you both suppose to be in school?" Derek asks with disapproval.

                =

We grabbed Isaac and we drove in our separate cars. My hands stayed tight on the steering wheel. I was happy to see Derek but I was also so damn nervous, it's been months.