Chapter 6 (Part 3)

Steve comes back with blaze powder and some iron ore and hands them to me. I look down at them confused. "But... where's the mushrooms?" I ask, looking up at him. Steve sighs and rubs the back of his head. "Apparently there's a miner who really likes mushrooms and took them all... I was told he also likes iron ore... so maybe you could trade? You only need a few, right? If you have any left-overs, give them back to the guy at the counter over there." He replies before pointing at the guy behind him. "You'll get some gold nuggets back, I'm sure." He adds before exiting. I follow him. "Thanks! But where can I find this miner...?" I ask. Steve stops and sighs. "3rd strip mine to the left. Then make a left in the tunnel. You should find him there. He burrowed a small house in his work area. You won't be walking very far." He replies before heading back to what I believe is the break room.

I follow his instructions and I find the tunnel. Above was a sign that labled: 'superfanguy134453' and I enter the tunnel. It was dimly lit, and surprisingly enough, there wasn't any mobs. I keep walking, constantly falling into shallow holes where ores were probly mined. I come across a glass tunnel. A small chasm surrounded the tunnel. Carefully lit up, and neat.

After about what I feel is 10 minutes, I come across a door just left of me. The tunnel stretches on and on, but I pay no attention to it. "Hello?" I call through the door. A few seconds later A player opens the door. "Ello." He replies. He had a strange skin on. I think it's Deadpool... "What do you want?" Demands the player. "Erm... I was told you had mushrooms with you... And I was wondering if you wanted to trade...?" I reply nervously. He looks at me, his eye gleaming.

"And what would you trade in return?" He asks. I hold up the iron ore and his eyes stretch wide. He guestures for me to enter. It isn't a fancy home, but a subtle one. A bed, a table and chair, a few large chests, a work area. Just what you need to survive... and a small hole in the wall. I don't really want to ask, but I do anyways. "What's that?" I ask, pointing at the hole in the wall. He looks looks at it for a second before turning to me. "That is a system that allows me to transport goods to the main part of the mine. All the miner's tunnels have 'em right beside their strip mine. But I have mine in my house." He explains before sitting at the table. He pulls out red and brown mushrooms and set them on the table.

"Let's trade now." He says, sighing. I walk over and put the iron ore down as he counts them. "12. All you could scavange?" He asks. Mushrooms should not equal the worth of iron ore. So cheap. "I'll trade you... 5 of each kind for all, and I'll throw in some gold coins." He deals. I don't know what the currency for gold nuggets are but... "Deal. How many coins?" I reply. He takes out 3 gold nuggets and sets them down. Cheap much... I take the deal non-the less.

"Pleasure doing buisness." He chuckles as I exit the home. "Thanks. Bye." I say my farewell and head back. I leave the mine, thankfully, and head back to Curlos' hut. It's a long walk, but worth it. When I get there, I am greeted by a female player. She has long brown hair with green eyes and green headphones. She wears a green and black hoodie and black shorts that are only two pixels long.  She glares at me. What's her deal? I think ungratefully.

"Hey you!" She growls. "Yeah?" I reply, an angry expression crosses her face. "You work for Curlos, right?" She asks angrily. "Um... Yeah?" I reply again. I really don't like her attitude :/ . "Well, tell her to give my money back! I bought this potion of swiftness and it's junk!" She demands. What...? Seriously? If she already drank it, she can't get her money back. Wow. "Listen... I don't know why your angry. You asked for a potion of swiftness, and you got one. If you already drank it, then sorry. No money back. Potions take time to make. Sorry if you are unsatisfied with your choice." I reply, rolling my eyes.

"Rude much!" She growls and punches me. The items I was holding are now on the floor. I resist the urge to punch her back, and I calmly sigh. She watches me pick up my items with a smug look. "Real mature." I mutter, rolling my eyes. I see her flinch slightly before kicking my head. I curse. I had a wrestle with Connor this morning! No way I want to fight again! She draws back another kick, but before she could, the sound of a potion breaking catches my attention.

"What the hell!?" I hear the girl scream. "I can't see!" I look up to see her rubbing her eyes. I look back to see Curlos. "That's whatcha get! Quit pickin' on my apprentice and scram brat!" She demands. The girl woozily walks away. I pick up my items and stand up. "Sorry about that..." Curlos says to me. "Here." She says before tossing a potion at my feet. It breaks and the particles swirl around me, disapearing into smells. The scent is sweet.

"Potion of healing. Now come inside. I have a feeling the guards are going to stop by again. I got a witness this time though." She chuckles and I follow her inside her hut.