Chapter 5 (Part 1)

I collected about 3 and a quater stacks of wheat, about half a stack of carrots, 20 potatoes, some cacti, and a few melons. A crazy man didn't want me touching his pumpkins, so I backed off and walked back to the barn. I look around for Carline, only to see him at the back in a wooden chair. I head towards him, he looks up and nods before getting up.

"Hey there." He says, smiling. We stand there for a few second before his eyes widened. "Oh, how rude of me. I never even asked what yours or your chums name was! I guess I was so excited to see new players." He chuckles nervously. I smile at his appology. "It's totally fine." I say, holding out my hand. "My name's Brody." I let go of his blocky hand and look back at Connor. "And he's Connor." I say, pointing to Connor.

"Connor... I had a friend named Connor. He was American." He says. I turn to him. "Was?" I ask, tilting my head. "Well, before all this happened, yes. Connor was a good chap. We spoke long distance on Skype. He hated minecraft. He really did-" He stops and sighs, "now I see why." He looks down, putting his hand behind his head. "I highly doubt any of us will leave this imprisonment. Even Steve, Notch's creation, wants to leave this hellish hole." He continues.

Do not trust the tall man. The dark lord will be looking for him. Time will tell when he shall rise, and look for his lost brother. The old lady's warning repeated itself. I felt my head spin. I cringe slightly at the thought of Herobrine coming and finding this underground town. Carline must of noticed my disconfort because he put his hand on my shoulder. "You okay?" He asks worriedly. I nod my head. "Fine. Just... A bad thought." I mutter. Carline sighed.

"Hear me out... Many people trust Steve. He's a great leader. He'd protect his people. I trust him." Carline mutters, his voice quiet like a whisper. I look at him and sigh. "Yeah... I guess he could of killed us when we first came here. But he didn't. So... I trust him too..." I smile at the player, his deep green eyes glowing like stars. His grin was wide as he patted my shoulder.

"Go help your pal over there." He says before nudging me forward. I do as he says and walk towards Connor. "Sup?" I ask.

"Nothin' much."

"Cool."

"Yup."

"Hey." I grin looking him dead in the eye. "You're a butt." I chuckle. "No you're a butt." Connor replies, carrying on with his work. "You're a buttface." I say, smirking, even though I know it doesn't really bug him, I do it anyway.

"Butthead."

"You're a buttrito."

"You're a buttfart."

And the argument continues until Carline calls out "Alright everyone! Head home!". Everyone puts their stuff in a chest and leaves. Connor and I do the same, until Carline stops us. "Thanks for helping out here." He says, smiling. "Welcome." Connor and I say in unisin. "Alright, you two have a nice night." He says before heading back into the building.

"Where you going?" Connor calls after him. Carline turns around, "I got to do something before I head home!" He calls back, already half way down the cobblestone path. His eyes widen as he yells, "Woah!!" and falls on his butt. Connor and I were about to go help him when he holds up his hand and calling out, "I'm fine!". He gets up and heads for the barn, looking back as we turn and leave, calling out "Bye!".

We walk along the gravel path ways to Steve's house. The lights in the ceiling slowly turn off in a sort of wave. We both look up and watch it. The lights in the houses flicker on as we head back. We reach Steves house as he greets us when we enter.

"Hey guys, work hard?" He asks, grinning as he sets down a bowl of food on the table. "Yeah. Brody got the easy job and farmed some crops when I had to care for the animals." Connor says, unamused. Steve chuckles. "Well, sorry to hear that. Tomorrow, you'll be working at the orchard, while Brody helps out Curlos." He says. His voice was unimpressed and strange.

"Anyway, come eat." He smiles, guesturing to the table. We both sit at the sides of the table as he sits at the end of the table. I look in the bowl to find a mixture of chopped up chicken and beef, mixed in with it were leaves from an oak tree. I eat it all, sitting back in my chair with a satisfied stomach.

I look up at Connor, who seems to be enjoying it as well as he eats his portion. We both finish and go to the 'sink' to wash our bowls. We do so and we head back up to bed. Our regular routine after a day has gone by. We say good night and go to rest in our beds.

We both slowly drift off into sleep.