The principal came on stage a few minutes later, he stood on the podium and collected a microphone from a teacher who has been trying but failing to keep us quiet. Immediately the principal said "Hello.", all ongoing conversations stopped.

He tapped the microphone a few times to confirm it was working before he started what I would later term his "mini-speech".

"Hello student, how were your holidays? He asked, not stopping to receive a response but the student populace muttered their incoherent numerous responses anyways.

I know we are all excited for the new term and I can see we also have new students among us. He stopped to nod in satisfactory as he takes in the amount of new students there are. He continued soon after,

I hope and expect that by the end of the term we would have gotten to know each other well.

SSS3 students, I want you guys to be very serious this year because its your last year and before you know it, your 6 months will be completed then you will be starting your senior WAEC () which is your final exam in senior secondary school. I believe you are all aware that without passing this exam, you can't move to the next step which is writing your JAMB () and gaining admissions into your chosen universities or colleges.

So, I expect you all to behave and be serious. Also, the acting prefects among you should take their duties seriously because you will all be tagged in two weeks time.

Now for the SSS2 student, you should all improve in your academics and remember that without having the required minimum in your five important subjects, you can't move to the next class so, start working on your results as early as possible.

To the JSS3 and half students, I won't call you SSS1 students yet because you are not yet fully registered. He joked as we all murmured complaints while the seniors and teachers laughed.

Alright, alright. Your registration shall begin tomorrow and will end in two weeks. Your registration fee is 10,000 Naira, see the following teachers, Mr. Daramola, Mrs. Kehinde, and Miss Kayinsola to know the type of tools you are expected to bring for your various departments.

Finally, make sure you all get your ties and always dress like responsible students. He concluded, finally stopping to take a breath before he quickly added.

Lest I forget, I can see the SSS1 student chairs hanging around, so for the main time take your chairs and go fill the empty SSS1 classes until after your registrations. Make sure you do that today, Good day. He said but the students had long gone scattered and only a few like myself were still listening.

"Faith, Faith, Faith!!!" Someone bellowed, I and Faith stopped as we looked around to figure where her name was being called and I saw a girl whom we did Junior school-leaving exam together but unfortunately, I couldn't remember her name.

Faith seems to recognize her because she smiled at her immediately, greeting her as the girl reached us.

"Hello, Olamide. How are you?" she asked her.

The girl replied jovially before turning to greet me and I was not surprised to find out she knows my name; I was after all Faiths best friend.

I zoned off her conversation with Faith as we made our way to the unoccupied classes.

It took us exactly two hours to secure a space and drag our chairs over to the class we wanted after we departed with Olamide who unfortunately for me, is a chatterbox – Dont blame me, I hate talkative – and fortunately for me, is in the art department.

"Finally." I exhale as I collapsed on my chair. We had ended up putting our chairs beside each other in a class the other students were speculating should be a science class but unfortunately, we couldn't get a seat at the front which was needed because I have bad sight and I didnt have a correction glass because whenever I mentioned it to my mom, she would say God forbid! like I was cursing myself rather than stating a fact.