7

Cedric

Today was Sunday, the day I have to go to the market to sell our goods. I was worried about Yadriana as I got up from my bed, ruffling my messy hair. She would have to stay here or if she agrees, which is unlikely, she can come with me.

Images of our distance last night has me shuddering yet I wonder, how could she get those bruises? She panicked when Eriq offered to call her family, maybe it was family abuse? Who would abuse such an angel was the question that lingered my mind.

After I was cleaned and decent I made my way downstairs to see Eriq sitting and chatting his wide mouth away while Yadriana ate her French toasts quietly nodding along and adding side comments along the lines of  'yeah, yeah' and 'she did?'.

I made my way to the table, sitting down next to my brother as he continue his rambles about the recent argument his ex and him had about the size of his ass.

"I didn't know there was a line between 'fine ass' and 'too thick'. What is too thic?! Guys love that shit no?! Honestly they are the most confusing shit ever. Yadriana you have a thic ass, have you ever ripped a pair of leggings before?" Eriq pointed his fork in her direction. I blushed hardly at his words.

Yadriana lift up her fork and place the pancake piece into her mouth chewing quietly while nodding. Eriq threw his hands up in the air.

"I am not the ONLY ONE, WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT?!" He let out an annoyed his "Its stupid for a man to just break out of an relationship because his man broke his leggings while fitting his thickness into it, its even more stupid to call it gaining weight right after"

"Fat and skinny are words created by pieces of disgrace as a human being to bring others down" I voice in my opinion before I could stop it.

I saw Yadriana's lips twitched up into a smile. Eriq reached to grab all of the plates once we were finished eating.

"I'll do the dishes" He says with a secretive smile before strolling out of the kitchen.

"Yadriana" I address her, gaining her attention "Today I'd have to go to the market to sell my goods for an hour or so I was wondering if you'd like to come along? You can stay home if you wish, I would probably be back by the time Eriq is about to leave"

She looked as if she was thinking, gulping down her water until she seemed to have made her mind.

"I'll go, I can help" She offered, again. I shook my head.

"I just need you in my sight, the rest I can handle" I smiled at her in appreciation, I saw a light tint of pink on her freckled face as she nodded.

"You guys really can't be anymore awkward" Eriq mumbled as he strolled out of the kitchen.

"We just met yesterday" I argued

"Remember the first day I meant you?"

"You hit my head with your bottle"

"Proudly"

"I was a baby"

"She's also a babe" Eriq huffed nudging her head in Yadriana's direction. She let out a soft giggle at our argument making our glares turn into grins. The second day with us and we're already growing soft.

~~

Attaching the cart to the back of Marvel I catch Yadriana look at him in awe.

"You like horse?" I smiled slightly

"I've never seen one" She said as she trails her hand down its mane softly, earning a grunt.

"Maybe I can teach you to ride one once you've recovered" Her eyes gleam as she smiles, nodding quickly like an excited kid. I chuckled, cute.

Putting my hands on her wide hips, my grip strong I lift her onto the horse having her settle herself before getting up myself. Her now tensed arms instantly wrapped around me as Marvel starts to gallop.

"You ready?" I raised my voice a bit so she would hear me over the wind. I felt her nod against my back.

Giving the horse a gentle kick from my boots as I gently whip it with the rope Marvel broke into a run across the fields and grass. It let out a neigh as it soared through the forest.

A happy feeling soared through me faster than Marvel's run as Yadriana moved her head to rest on my shoulders, looking at the path.

After awhile, she leaned back with only one arm around my waist.

"This is amazing!" She yelled into the air with a laugh as I joined her. I was happy to see her smile again, maybe now if I look into her eyes she won't be as lifeless.

Once we neared the little area held for the market, Marvel slowed down, carful not to step on any humans passing by. I could feel Yadriana loosen her hold as she looked around, her arms however, were tensed.

I guess she doesn't like being around people.

Looking around I tried to spot a grey haired woman among the crowd of people rushing to either sell, or gain goods. After awhile I spotted her, pulling the rope so Marvel will turn left we walked towards her with calmness among the wild crowd.

Once I reached her I received a warm smile as I gave her one in return.

"Ah, Cedric, just the man I needed. What have you gotten today?" I gently hopped off Marvel, telling Yadriana to stay put before going to the cart, lifting the covers.

"Deer meat, cabbage, carrots, hay, horse dung and wild berries" I listened as I dropped each of the heavy sacks down in front of her and her little table that was ready to be stacked up. She nodded approving.

"That would be lovely, I'll take all" My eyes snapped towards her kind ones in surprise. It usually took three costumers to get all.

"All?" I repeated.

"All" She repeated, I gave her a smile of gratitude.

"That'll be ten dollars" She nodded and handed me the money before I got back on the horse.

"Just ten dollars?" Yadriana asked me from behind as Marvel walked back towards where we came from.

"I sell these things for the people in need, Eriq is the one who usually makes the most money from his company inside the city. My main job is a hunter but since nobody has hired me yet I am free" I gave her a brief explanation.

"What a gentlemen" There was a slight tease in her tone making me chuckle.

"A gentlemen always wins"