Wrestling Dolls

Eventually we reached a doll shop where my gnome friends went through a special entrance and I went through the back. Almost as soon as I entered the room, everything froze and one particular doll with big green eyes caught my attention.

"Princess?" Everyone looked at the thin doll with wide eyes and mouthes barely holding back laughter. "That not my name, it's Irene." With a playfully arched brow I pulled a strip of purple ribbon form my pocket and dangled it in front of her face. "Then does Ms. Irene recognize her baby tie?" The whole room burst out laughing and as the now wrestler dressed doll gaped at them all, my mind revisited a fragment of a memory I had almost forgotten existed.

"Mom, where's Princess? I can't find her anywhere." I was nine at the time, my favorite doll was an easy-to-change female I called Princess or Queen whenever she was playing a noble role. Looking back on it, she was probably more of an adult doll then a kids one but I didn't mind.

"I don't know Isabel, where did you have it last?" "I-I don't know." That's when she rushed out the room and I sat down on my bed and began to cry.

"You left on your own didn't you?" The laughter had long since died down and all eyes were on me and my former plaything, my hand holding the ribbon had begun to tremble with building fury. The former Princess shook her head.

"It was your father, he thought you were getting too old for dolls and threw me out. I was found by the owner of this shop and I've been here ever since." She hesitantly looked up into my eyes. "If I could've stayed I would, please beleive me." There was a glisten of tears in my eyes as I fell to my knees and let the ribbon slip from my fingers. It fluttered to her feet where she could see the words 'Friends Forever' stitched on in golden thread. Her mouth fell open as she looked to me to see a single tear in my eye which I quickly rubbed away. One of the dolls decied that they didn't trust me and took a flying leap in my direction. Only to be stopped with a perfect flying kick by Sherlock.

"Forgive me, but no one touches my Isabel." He glanced over my shoulder and gave me a wink, causing my whole face to go red, and Irene to cover her mouth in order to muffle a giggle.

~

Soon the two of us were sitting together in a corner, her on my bended knees, as Sherlock and Juliet waited outside. They thought it might be best if I asked for the clue and get time to catch up. 

"So...my ex has fallen in love with you? That brings whole new light to the situation doesn't it?" I rolled my eyes. "I know, don't rub it in." She laughed, slapping her knee as I started to blush anew.

"But really Isabel, all joking aside, you're not exactly his type." "You think I haven't tried to tell him that? It's like talking to a toddler on a sugar rush." She smiled lightly with slow nod. "Yeah, Sherlock can be a bit of a pain at times. But he seems to like you, I've never seen him get that defensive over me." I shrugged. "Maybe he's just craving the right girl." She patted my leg lightly. "I think he has." I smiled lightly, but inside I had a sinking feeling she was right.

~

Night fell and after deciphering the clue, Gnomeo had come to the conclusion that where the mystery would take them next I couldn't go. In other words, they were going someplace not exactly my size.

"Get home safely Isabel, we'd hate to be without our favorite repair woman." I smiled Juliet's joke and as she let go of my finger and Watson came next. "It was nice to meet you Ms. Isabel. If you're really as good at fixing things as much as Juliet says, I'd love to make an appointment sometime soon." I smiled. "You're welcome in the garden anytime Watson." And then it was Sherlock's turn.

"You...will get home quickly won't you?" "I'm a big girl I can take care of myself." "You're a lovely woman too." My face went red as he walked up and I knelt further down, he paused before placing a tiny clay hand on my knee, patting it lightly.

"There's the chance I won't come back alive." "I've seen enough movies to know." He slowly gazed up at me. "I'll miss you if I don't." That made something crack, really bad. I leaned down further to kiss her head as I had everyone else. Only to feel his smooth lips come in contact with mine.

It was kinda cute actually, the way he tried to cup my chin with his whole palm and how his lips were too small to completely capture mine. What wasn't so adorable was how tightly his eyes were squeezed shut, how the other hand curled in a fist at his side was trembling, the single tear that slipped from one eye. I gazed at him for an instant before letting my eyes flutter closed, soon feeling him pull away.

"You know I think you're the most wonderful human in the world don't you?" I smiled before trailing a finger down the side of his face. "You're not so bad yourself Sherlock." I wasn't lying or saying this to make him stop, and we both knew it. As I watched the gnomes run off, part of me wanted so badly to go with them. But more then that, I wanted so badly to be beside Sherlock.

Why couldn't I have come into this world as something else that isn't human? I thought, before jogging towards home.