Be still my heart

The plan itself was kinda hard to follow but my part was simple; I'd use my backpack to carry around the gnomes on 'free travel trip around town.'

"You sure this is a good idea?" I called from the bathroom as I changed while the gnomes hopped into my small backpack. "It'll be fine, you'll see." Juliet called back, I rolled my eyes before stepping out in a elbow sleeve Where's Waldo shirt and a pair of ripped jeans, Sherlock turned around with a slow whistle.

"I had assumed you'd look amazing in a different set of clothes, but they're nothing compared to your beauty." My whole face went red in 0.2 seconds, as I went through my drawers looking for a hair-tie, he managed to sit at the top to talk to me.

"You know, up until now I assumed all humans were naïve and stupid, but I think I can make an exception for you." Still flustered, I rolled my eyes. "How's that line working out for you?" He chuckled before flipping into the open draw and disappearing under my stuff, there was a pause before he popped up holding my favorite blue hair tie.

"Only you'll hear it my dear, only you." I smiled gently, picking up the tie and letting him jump onto my palm. Up I rose him until he was at level with my face.

"You're quite the curiuos character aren't you Mr. Gnomes?" He bowed with a delightful chuckle. "But of course my delightful human beauty." I giggled, taking that moment to kiss him on the head. He looked up with wide eyes, I looked back with a sad smile.

"You know what the worst part about all this is? You're a gnome, I'm a human, it'd never work." Pause. "We'd never work out." "Then what was that kiss for?" I drew a lazy finger down the side of his cheek.

"A remider of that." He fell silent after that, and I shoved him into my bag and zipped it before he could say anything else.

"You know Sherlock, those sounded like some pretty heartfelt comments. Are you-?" "Stuff it Watson." I smiled before slinging the bag over my shoulder and heading out.