Good Manners

Showing good manners such as welcoming your date with a good smile and a gift. Don’t forget to thank your date for coming even if you are not interested as it shows your manners. Don’t get drunk especially if your date is not willing to drink and it will show that you can’t control yourself or don’t know your limits. Be polite to your date and kind to others as it will reflect your manners. Dress up properly for the occasion and even smell good.

Give Her Attention

Since it’s your first date your attention should be focused on her only. You can even put your phone on silent mode and avoid unimportant calls.

Thank your date if she does not mind when you had a conversation with someone else. Talk about your date and avoid talking about your past.

Don’t Talk About the Thing You Hate in Your Date

You should always talk about the things you like about your date and not about the things you hate. Your date will always want to have a good fun time and is not in a mood to hear your grievances or your complains. If the person hears negative things about themselves they might not wish to meet you again.

Don’t Get Intimate

Avoid getting intimate in the first meet as it might create a bad impression. Your date might feel afraid to meet you again if your date is not willing to get intimate. Take permission from your date even before hugging as it would reflect your good character.

Choose Appropriate Location

Do be creative in choosing the location for your date. Search about some interesting place and take your date there so that the person feels special. First dates need not be movies or just a lunch because these often turn out to be boring. Take your date to the places where the person likes and avoid noisy places or your home as might create a bad impression on your date.

Take Interest in Your Date

Do try to make your date interesting. First date should be fun and not stressful. Don’t just sit for hours and talk nothing and make a fool of yourself. Be open and talk about yourself and even make an effort to know about your date.

Laugh on your date’s jokes and even ask questions and make him or her feel that you are interested in him or her and their talks. Talk about something or the other and don’t just keep quite and make the other person feel that you are boring.

# Drama and romance isn’t perfect for a first date. It’s too involving and emotional. Your date can’t immediately fall in love with you. You need to create the stage of infatuation and excitement first.

# Horror is too obvious. It can excite both of you with bursts of fear and adrenalin. But at the same time, it can cut the budding romance now and then with sudden shrieks and involuntary distractions.

# Movies where there’s a lot of making out. This is just pushing it. It’s too obvious on a first date and it sends the wrong impression that all you want to do is get physical.

# Action movies are awesome, especially the ones where there are a lot of fast cars and edge of your seat moments. But there’s a hitch. Action movies are not everyone’s cup of tea. If both of you are seriously interested in action, it’s definitely the best option. The pumping adrenalin can excite both of you sexually and emotionally without inducing fear.

# Funny movies or a romantic comedy is just perfect. Keeps the atmosphere light, and the plot is so simple that it’s okay to be distracted. Romantic comedies and Adam Sandler’s movies are the best first date movies of all time. It’s fun and easy, and your date won’t hate you every time you ask them something or try to make a conversation about Adam Sandler’s egghead.