Captive for a Captive

Start from the beginning

I can tell he is watering down his sufferings for my sake. I take his hand. "i'm sorry I didn't get to you sooner."

"You're here now and that's what matters."

"Look there is something...." I start but am interrupted by the guards entering the room and posting themselves on the inside of the door. Elise trails in after.

"I'm terribly sorry to be interrupting," She says to me but I see her eyes wander to Douglas.

He sits up as straight as he can in his bed. "You are fine, your highness."

She smiles shyly. "Douglas, it is an honor to meet you. We are all very pleased at your swift recovery."

"I am too. It wasn't hard to recover with your incredible nurses being so attentive." I give Douglas a look. He doesn't need to talk all fancy and proper. It's not like he's king yet.

"It is good to hear that. Drakon is always eager to aid the future king of our allies." Oh, my gosh, she's flirting.

"I will remember your kindness when I return to rally the troops." Oh, Sif, is he flirting back?

"You are very gracious, sir," She smiles and then looks to a very disgusted me. "Aisling, I could not make any arrangments for warriors to leave so soon with you. They would have to do it of their own free will. But I can prvide you with a horse fom the common stables. I do hope that you find him and I wish you all the luck I have." With proper goodbyes, she exits. Maybe she isn't so uptight.

"Where are you going?" Douglas inquires, sounding very concerned.

"If dad is out here being tortured as you were, then I'm going to find him."

Douglas stares at me. "You are going alone? That is suicide! Not alone no....oh gosh if only I could stand from this wretched bed. You cannot do this, Aisling."

"I have to! I don't care what they risk is."

He groans. "I know there's no way I can change your mind on this." He shakes his head looking out his window. 

"Nope."

"Then....go."