one

0830grr: hey

heymoon: hi.

0830grr: wayd?

heymoon: thinking of ways to kms, you?

0830grr: 😒 shut up
0830grr: im fckng bored
0830grr: my parents left and the house is quiet
0830grr: i might have a party

heymoon: you know, you can type all of that in 1 message and send it instead of sending a million different ones at a time.

0830grr: yeah but if i do that then you'll ignore me
0830grr: so i have no choice but to send a million so you get them and reply
0830grr: 😛
0830grr: come to my party

heymoon: mm, thought about it but your parties s u c k

0830grr: fuck you no they dont

heymoon: you literally try to play spin the bottle at every party you have

0830grr: you're just jealous cause it never lands on you

heymoon: youre an asshole

0830grr: just come to my party.
0830grr: maybe you'll get lucky 😘

heymoon: dont send kissing winking emojis to me 😷

0830grr: now who's the asshole

heymoon: what time is your stupid party

0830grr: 😁 7 tonight

heymoon: jsyk I'm not playing spin the bottle

-

I watch the empty liquor bottle as it spins in a circle, taking forever to slow down before it stops on the girl with fire red hair who's sitting next to me. I'm not mad, but seriously, it never stops on me. She looks nervous and her cheeks turn a bright shade of pink.

"No backing out," Ryan grins, a red solo cup in his left hand. He's such a child sometimes.

The girl leans forward, meeting the blond girl who spun the bottle in the middle. They slowly inch closer to each other and their lips meet in a short, awkward kiss.

"I have never kissed a girl before," she chuckles, her cheeks still blushed pink.

"Well now you have," the blond girl says with a smile. "Your turn to spin."

She puts her hand on the bottle and twists her wrist, causing the bottle to spin again. I watch it and it stops on the guy who always wears flip flops. His face lights up.

The two of them move toward each other, metting in the middle, and this kiss lasts a few seconds longer than the previous one.

"Okay Jon," Ryan says, rolling his eyes. "Take your turn."

So Jon does and this time it stops on Ryan. Ryan takes a sip of his beer and he and Jon lean into each other and kiss like they've done it a thousand times.

"You look like you're way too into that," I say to Ryan. He grins at me and shrugs a shoulder.

Ryan makes the bottle spin and it stop literally between me and Spencer. I look down at it, my heart suddenly pounding in my chest, and I calm down when I see it's definitely pointed at Spencer. "Maybe next time Bren," Ryan teases as he and Spencer share a quick kiss.