Lucy The Ghost Lady Part 2

I was really scared.

If she did that just to prove that she could, imagine what else she could do if she had a reason to hurt us. This was really freaking me out, and the firemen had no clue what was going on. They were just as shocked as me and my mom were.

"Was that some sort of joke?" questioned the fireman.

"No," replied my mom, who was completely in shock. "My daughter Jessica had no way of pulling that off, and I was in my bed sleeping, and so was she, then the fire and smoke must have woke her up so she came to get me. We got out of the house, and Jessica here ran next door to call the fire department and then you guys showed up."

"Well," the fireman said, obviously in shock and confused, "this, by far, has never happened before, so we're going to have to do some further investigation on the fire. You might want to stay out of the house for a few days."

"Okay, no problem" replied mom.

The fireman turned to walk back with his coworkers, and mom was turning back to the house to pack some things. While I was standing there alone, the 1700's lady came back. She appeared a few feet in front of me. All she said this time was "have fun." Then she laughed the most evil laugh I've ever heard, and vanished.

When she said "have fun", I didn't realize how much "fun" she meant.

It was even scaring the people we were staying with. I always had a feeling that the dead were powerful, but this powerful? Wow.

It started off as only voices during the night time, and gradually became knives and pots and pans moving in the kitchen. Things got alot worse than that though.

I hadn't seen the 1700's lady since the night of the fire, but then one night, while I was trying to sleep, something was tapping on my window. I looked over, and there was nothing there so I turned over in my bed. I didn't really like sleeping facing the window. When I turned over, the 1700's lady was staring me straight in the eyes. She spoke to me.

"Hello once again" she said.

"What are you doing here?" was my response.

"I've come here for you of course." was what she said as if I should have known.

"What do you want from me?" I questioned, very frightened.

"What do you think?" she replied.

"How am I supposed to know?" I said slightly angry, mostly scared silly.

"What we would like, Jessica, is your soul." was her answer.

Oh. My. God.

"You can't have it!" I screamed.

"Oh, but that I can" she answered with a smile.

"No! You can't!" I was scared.

"Yes I can, but I will leave it to you to decide what is done with your soul. I need something from you, and if you do not complete it, I will take your soul and torture it for eternity. If you complete this task, I will remove your soul, purify it from all evil, and bring it back to you. It's your choice." She actually sounded serious.

"What do I have to do?" I asked the ghost lady.

"You must fall in love by the end of this month." she said simply.

How was I supposed to fall in love by the end of the month?

"How am I supposed to fall in love within the next two weeks?" I asked ghost lady.

"It's simple,"she replied. "I can't tell you how, but I can help you fall in love."

"Why do I need to fall in love though?" I questioned.

"Because, in order for me to purify your soul in case you complete the task, you need a strong emotion, and happiness. And we all know that when someone actually falls in love, they are happy. So that's why."

"But why me?" I was confused.

"Well, not many people can see us, and besides, you have been chosen." was her reply.

"Chosen? What do you mean, chosen?" Why was she so confusing?

"We, the undead, have chosen you to be with us after you die, and to become one of us, you need a pure soul." I guess that made sense.

"But why the consequences if we don't fall in love?" I replied.

"Then we get to have fun." she said simply.

I heard footsteps toward my door, then my mom knocked.

"Jess? Who are you talking to?" Mom questioned.

"Remember, fall in love or have a tortured soul for eternity." said the ghost, and vanished.

"Jess?" Mom pushed open my door. I was already pretending to be asleep.

Mom looked at me for a few seconds, then left again. I don't think she knows about these ghosts. So back to more important things... falling in love.