"Uh thanks." She answered, not really bothering to look at me. My heart sank a little, but her behavior was to be expected, I hadn't gotten to apologize or explain myself.

"Hey, uh, can we chat real quick? Just you and me?" I asked her and she looked up at me and nodded. I smiled a little and sighed in relief, "Cool." I gestured to an empty bench on the side of the yard. I sat down and she hesitantly followed.

"Look if this is a ploy for you to flirt with me or pretend we're together I'm not having it." Iris said intensely before I even got a word out.

I quickly shook my head, looking down and playing with the bottle in my hands, "N-no, quite the opposite. I wanted to-" I glanced up at her and froze momentarily. She was beautiful that much was obvious. She had this way of looking at you that just told you she was listening to every single thing you had to say. Something about receiving all her attention was both intimidating and addicting.

"I wanted to apologize for how I behaved the day we met. I didn't know you had a boyfriend. Even if you didn't, I shouldn't have acted like that and I'm sorry." I spoke slowly, making sure I had eye contact so she knew I wasn't joking.

"That's really mature of you, I accept your apology." She gave me a small smile and I couldn't help the slight blush on my cheeks when she did.

"You think maybe we could start over? Just as friends?" I asked nervously, earning a giggle from Iris. Her laugh was so cute, I bit my lip in an effort to hide my blushing.

She nodded and smiled, tucking some hair behind her ear, "Yeah, I would like that, Sergio." She said softly. How could she be so relaxed? It was almost comical how hard I was trying and how effortless she was.

"Cool." I smiled a little goofily. "Y-You want a drink or something? I can get it for you." I offered, pointing to the bar Marcelo had set up.

"It's alright," Iris started, placing a hand on my knee before getting up, "I'm a big girl, I can handle it." She winked and walked away. I watched her go, a content look on my face. Relief rushed through me knowing she still wanted to be friends. It was hard for me to find female friends, as one would imagine.

I sat there for a second before I caught Lia staring at me and giving me a thumbs up then going back to her conversation with Iker and Varane.

***

Iris's POV:

I slowly approached the table Sergio was sat at with some of his teammates, gently resting my hand on his shoulder as I spoke. "So Iker and Lia are a little too obsessed with each other, is this seat taken?" I asked, pointing to the empty chair next to him.

I noticed that once he heard my voice, Sergio stopped his conversation and immediately shook his head quickly, "No, please sit." He gestured to the chair. "Guys this is Iris, Iker and Lia's friend." He introduced me to the table. "That's Isco, and that's Lucas; their girlfriends were busy tonight and couldn't make it." He pointed to the two men sitting down as well.

I mumbled a hello to them and they smiled in a very friendly way before returning to their conversation. "Thanks for saving me, I couldn't spend another minute around them, they were being extra lovey tonight." I joked and Sergio grinned.

Suddenly, he leaned in closer, and in a hushed tone he whispered, "You think he's gonna propose soon?" He glanced at Iker before looking back at me.

I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face, "Do you know something I don't?" I asked him in the same the quiet voice.

Sergio just sat back and shrugged knowingly, I shot him a playful glare before sipping my drink.

"A fruity drink? Mango margarita is it? I would have thought a tough girl like you would've gone for something a little heavier." He joked before sipping the beer he had been nursing since I arrived.