Prelude

Five minutes....five more minutes.

The students of Mrs. Waller's History Class stared at the classroom clock with excited expressions planted on their faces. However, perhaps no one was more enthralled than Phineas Flynn, arguably the most popular student in Danville High. His grin spanned from ear to ear, his pupils were as wide as golf balls, and, perhaps scariest of all, he was literally vibrating in his seat.

"Phineas," a voice next to the boy said, catching his attention. He turned to the source of the voice, a girl in a pink shirt with blue jeans, topped off with a matching bow perfectly balanced on top of her raven black hair, "you're sitting on your watch again."

This snapped him out of his trance...if you could call it that. He reached under him and pulled out a watch; displayed on its rectangular screen was "Summertime!" in big bold letters. Don't ask me how it keeps ending up under his butt cause I have the faintest idea.

"Whoops," he said as he put it back on his wrist, "Thanks Isa." he slightly blushed in embarrassment.

"No problem," she giggled, a faint blush on her face.

If you could picture the quintessential pair of best friends, chances are Isabella Garcia-Shapiro and Phineas Flynn will be the first pair to pop into your head (if a certain British stepbrother doesn't exist). The two have known each other since age 5, when Isabella first moved to her current household, across from the Flynn-Fletcher household on Maple Drive. The pair were virtually inseparable, spending countless summers with each other, experiencing things other kids could only dream of. Over time Isabella began to develop stronger feelings for Phineas, and these feelings soon developed into a—

"Hey, who's talking?" Phineas asked as he turned back towards the back of the room, interrupting the exposition.

"No one! No one!" Isabella quickly answered, clearly distressed, her irises as tiny as BBs.

Anyway, like I was saying, Isabella's young feelings soon blossomed into a full fledged—

"I swear I'm hearing someone talk about our past," Phineas interjected again, "Don't you hear that, Isabella?"

"Nope," she quickly exclaimed, her eyes growing with fear. Her eyes then landed on me, "Yo, narrator, shut up!" She spoke through her gritted teeth, her fists clenched.

Hey, hey, no need to get violent, Isabella. Jeez, I'm trying to bring people up to speed on you and Phineas! They have a right to know, and who knows, Phineas may come out of this with more knowledge...

"Ok, I'm going nuts! I'm hearing voices! Do you not hear that, Isa?"

She shook her head violently and peered back, her eyes even wider than plates, the veins in her forehead were popping out.

"Say it out loud and I will end you!" She spoke again through gritted teeth.

Uh...

"Nope!"

Ah...

"Nuh-uh!"

But...

"Quiet!"

"Did you say something, Isa?"