Chapter 9 - Tech advances

~~~ World reaction 2

Once it was over what seemed like half the world jumped on the website. Others were ignoring what he'd said and were trying to call anyone who could give them further information. Some were calling the networks to complain about the piss poor programming and joke. The balance was calling to demand the military protect them from the Aliens since everyone knew they were going to come, take over, do experiments, and other unmentionable things.

Jace was focusing on the world threads. He could tell Danal was also and both were grinning at the reactions from the others. He glanced at her, "This is going to be interesting. Don't think it's going to be going up in flames but it's going to be interesting."

Danal snorted, "Earthlings funny. Many are going to assume this is a joke, others are going to do the confidential theory." She frowned, "No, not confidential, conspiracy theory. Yes, conspiracy theories. I can already feel them breaking out the tin foil suites. What are they supposed to do if aliens came to earth?" She was looking really confused.

Sanji felt his lips starting to twitch even as Danal was giving Jace a curious look, "Oh Goddess that was way to funny. In theory the tin foil will block the ability for aliens to monitor their brainwaves or locate where they are. Hence the reference to a tinfoil hat or suit."

Danal stared at him before starting to glare at the others as they were laughing their asses off at her, "Might end up changing genders. Holcomb how'd you like be girl for a month or through next heat?" When Mila laughed, "And you boy. Then Holcomb wear pants and you get skirt."

Everyone glared at her. Kyrill and Nacy spoke almost as one, "Do it and you might end up missing a tail. That and in Jace's MLP kilt. I'm sure he'd be happy to ensure you couldn't take off if we asked nicely."

Jace glared at Holcomb and suddenly the box was sitting on his lap, "You haven't opened it yet, might you want to? Open it and I'll consider not letting my mate change your genders." He hissed at the others even as they were teasing the two.

Holcomb hissed at Jace, "No way in hell am I going to open this. I know my mother and what she sent you was bad enough. What ever the hell she sent me is going to be far worse." He crossed his arms and glared at their friend.

Mila sniggered at him even as she snatched the box from him and ran a claw across the taped section on the top. She opened the flaps before having to close them as she started laughing. After opening it again, she kept laughing as hard as possible. The damn thing was so bad it wasn't funny.

Everyone was staring at her as she was laughing, "So what is it? What's the joke with the boxes and MLP kilt? What's that about?" Sanji hadn't heard about the whole skirt or apron thing.

Jace hissed at him, "Holcomb's mother has an evil sense of humor. While in the Academy she sent us some packages. I opened mine and found a purple sparkly My Little Pony Kilt. Holcomb wasn't brave enough to open his." He grumbled at his friend.

Sanji traded looks with Carol and it was all they could do to keep their reactions to the minimum, "Um, oh man... That's horrible. Neither man nor cat should be given such a horrible fate." Carol was looking horrified by what they were saying.

Holcomb glared at Mila when she started snickering at what was in his box, "Hate you woman. Cold wet out doors for you! I mean you get to sleep on the quarterdeck for your laughing at me." He gave her a rather irritated hiss.

She opened the box again and pulled out a bright yellow apron which had 'Holcomb's Bun's' on it. What was even worse was it showed a very nice set of man buns on it. Everyone looked at it horror before almost the entire officer's lounge died laughing.