Chapter 11: Not So Little Anymore

When Kurt and the newly adult Kate finally emerged a while later, Logan was trying to catch Jubilee, insisting that she hand over her phone.

"So ... what happened to Madripoor?" Kate asked Logan in an attempt to distract Logan and help Jubilee get away from him, shooting her friend a smirk. She wasn't sure what Jubilee was up to, but she was always up for messing with Logan.

"Nothing too special," Logan replied, though he didn't take his eyes or his focus off of Jubilee. "We fought ninjas. We won. Welcome stateside."

"Must've gotten hit," she muttered, rubbing the back of her head.

"Yep," Logan agreed with a nod, though his description of events was clearly lacking. Even for him. "Picked you up out of the street and tucked you in."

She made a face. "Please tell me no one saw that. Last thing I need is a picture of you carrying me around."

"Oh. I have lots of pictures of him carrying you," Jubilee said with a delighted laugh. "And even a few of Kurt carrying you too. Those ... those are golden." Logan stopped dead in his tracks and gave her a warning look.

"Jubilation—" Logan just shook his head slowly as he looked deadly serious with her. "Don't."

Kate just looked over at Kurt and lightly hit him in the arm. "Of course you show up after the trouble," she teased him. "Just typical." She just kept grinning at him for a second before she turned to Logan. "How long was I out? Couple days? Long enough for Billy to get back from space, anyway." She shook her head. "What'd they hit me with?"

Jubilee looked between the men before putting it together. "You didn't tell her yet," Jubilee said with a look of disbelief. "You need to tell her what happened!"

Kate took in Jubilee' expression and put her hands on her hips. Clearly, whatever they weren't telling her was something big, and she had a right to know. "Yeah, boys. Tell her what happened," she said with a little glare. "What the heck was up with the tutu anyway?"

"Kitty gave it to you yesterday," Logan said straight-faced.

"Why?" Kate asked carefully. "Because I gotta tell you — I'm not a fan of tutu-only outfits."

Jubilee rushed past Logan, who had at least opened the door to the subject. "She gave it to you and you loved it," Jubilee said. "Because you were four. And a half." With that, she showed her the picture of her, Kitty, and Jubilee that Jubilee had taken the day before, right after her hair was braided.

Kate stared at the picture open-mouthed. "No." She shook her head. "No ... you've got to be kidding me."

"Accidental magical age reversal," Jubilee told her. "You were a kid again for ... about a week."

"A week?" Kate stared at the picture and then at Jubilee before she let out a little groan. "Oh man. That's just.... Oh man."

"Don't worry," Jubilee said with a nod and a very broad grin. "They took really good care of you."

Kate just started to shake her head. "Oh ... you don't — that's not... I was a brat when I was a kid," she tried to explain.

"We know," Jubilee teased. "But it turns out they know how to handle a brat." She grinned wider. "I have video!" With that, Jubilee went to the beginning of her 'documentation' and just handed the phone to her.

"Of what?" Kate asked very quietly as she took the phone and started to scroll through, simply staring at each new image as she saw it.

"Everything, more or less." Jubilee said proudly, and with a sigh, Logan just left the room.