Chapter 1 - meeting him.

Hana's POV

Sadness.

everything around me is sadness.

Do you know what it's like to lose a person you love? I do.

It's the most painful thing you'll ever experience.

I lost my father to cancer. Stage 3.

Not only was he my father, he was my best friend. He was always there when I needed him most and know he's gone..

It's been 1 year and I'm still not over it.

I was sitting on my window ledge, knees to my chest. crying like always. looking at the stars that occupied the night sky, outside.

"HANA! Come down stairs I need to talk to you!"

I quickly swiped my tears away, hiding any signs that would show I had been crying.

"Coming omma!" I ran downstairs with a bounce to my step and sat on one of the stools surrounding the kitchen table.

With a fake smile on my lips I asked her

"What's up?"

"We need to talk about your father's request." She looked at me with a small, painful smile.

I held my composture.

"Sure. He already decided who I was going to marry right?" My mum nodded while stirring the pot filled with kimchi soup.

"He's coming with his family tonight to meet you. So go get ready dear." I nodded my head and headed back upstairs.

I let out a small sigh and headed to my wardrobe. Opening it I decided I would wear my long blue maxi dress with a matching blue sweater over the top.

I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I decided I wouldn't cut today. My right hand already had enough scars that still haven't faded and i didnt want anyone seeing. So I quickly changed and left my jet black hair loose, letting my long straight hair cascade down my back.

I wasn't overly excited. I always hoped I would find my prince charming but things took a slight turn and now I'm fulfilling my father's dying wish.

I was to marry my father's friend son. An arranged marriage. His name was Oh sehun. Son of Mr Oh and Mrs Oh. I knew nothing about him but I hope we would get along considering we were to spend the rest of our lives together.

*DING DONG. DING DONG.*

"I'LL GET IT UMMA"

I quickly rushed downstairs and open the door.

"Anneyeonghasseyo." I did a 60 degree bow. Looking up, my eyes locked with a boy. He had brown hair and was super tall. But his face was.. emotionless. He bowed towards me but still held his poker face.

"Anneyeonghasseyo. I'm Mrs Oh and this is Mr Oh but you can call me eomeoni. You must be hana, You're more beautiful in real life." A lady with a smile on her face said to me.

I smiled back "Ne kasahamnida eomeoni. Please come In." I gestured them into the house.

"Sehun. Introduce yourself." Mr Oh said.

"Anneyeong. my name is Oh sehun." His face was emotionless. But I didn't let it phase me.

I smiled at him. "Nice to meet you sehun. I hope we can get along well." I blushed alittle.

"AAH! SANDRA, MAX! how have you guys been?" My Mom came into the hallway and hugged Mr and Mrs Oh. While the parents talked we all made our way into the dinning room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sehun's POV

She was gorgeous. But you cant judge a book by it's cover.

I knew the reason for why she agreed to this marriage. Her father's dying wish.

Where as i was forced but now, seeing her face. I dont really mind. I liked her name. Hana, it meant flower and beautiful, her last name, Young, meant well, young in english.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my mom spoke up.

"Sehun and Hana, we bought a house you two can stay in. We want you guys to get comfortable with each other."

I looked over to Hana and she was blushing and nodding. She's so cute. NO SEHUN STOP. GIRLS ARE EVIL. THEY JUST WANT TO GET IN YOUR PANTS.

"sehun, you'll be transferring to Hana's school ok? But tomorrow we want both of you guys to pack up your stuff and move into the new house alright? We both nodded our heads. Yes! I get to move away from my old school. Thank goodness.

"Sehun. After you pack up your stuff, come over and help Hana ok?" My mum said.

Before i could say anything i was interrupted by Hana. "Anyi! It's ok. He doesn't have to help me." She was waving her hands furiously in front of her face and blushing madly.

"Anyi. It's ok, i'm free after i finish packing so i'll come help." I said with a blank face. She looked at me and smiled. But i didn't smile back.

"Hana, why don't you show Sehun your flowers in the backyard while us parents discuss the wedding plans?" Hana simply nodded her head. Her mother ushered ushered us away from the table.

I never knew she liked flowers. She is really living up to her name.

We both continued down the hall way in silence. She opened the back door and held it open for me. I simply nodded to say thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hana's POV

We walked in silence to the backyard. It was dark outside and the stars were shinning clearly.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the ground so he could kneel down and get a better look at the flowers. He smirked at my action and I blushed furiously looking away from his heaven like face.

"These are my sunflowers. I really like gardening." I smiled at the one thing that took my pain away.

"Sunflowers. Most people would have gone for roses." I looked at him and he was staring at me. I quickly looked away, i could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Well, i'm not like most people. Sunflowers are prettier where as roses are more... Romantic." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Lets go in. Its getting dark and cold." I told him. He nodded his head, shoved his hands in his pocket and walked off. Pabo, what kind of man is he? Not even bothering to help a lady. I stood up and followed him into the house.

How am i going to survive living with a man as cold as ice?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🐳 AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey guys :-) this is my second attempt at writing a book. I hope ill be able to continue writing this fanfiction. Sigh. I usually get tired of writing after a while because no body seems to read it 🙈

Well, thats all for now 😊

You can leave questions on my wall or in the comments.

PLEASE LEAVE IDEAS OF WHAT YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN IN THE BOOK.

THANKS❤️