32 - Last Minute Decision

Start from the beginning

“I agree with you there Sabriel...There is also Sophie, one of many Ophelia’s previous opponents who is attending Blessed Combat for the first time ever since the Rising Star Prodigy sent her to a deep coma. According to her background, she is said to be one of the strongest physical fighters, considering that she had been trained at such a young age by her mother, who happens to be a military officer!” Caterpillar howled in laughter, mocking the shocked expression of the female host while Zero savoured the moment as well before proceeding forward.

“This time, she has come back with some backup which is accepted according to the AI. However, being in the same Group with the player who had sent her to a coma is something short of a stroke of bad luck. I can see that the AI has a wicked sense of humour, going as far as to even label their Group as Pandora. This animosity between them might be a little more fiery than usual. I wonder whether they will be able to tolerate each other and work together?”

Caterpillar winced inwardly, knowing all too well that Sophie would not at all be pleased with paired up with Ophelia. He could imagine them right now, at two far corners of the room, Sophie silently seething while Ophelia trying to pretend that the silver haired girl didn’t exist. It wasn’t a pretty sight, considering that Ophelia may or may not try to throw salt in Sophie’s wounds. He knew that even though she was strong enough to handle the fact that she missed a year and a half of her life, she missed all those opportunities she would have got if she wasn’t out cold.

“I agree, having two rivals in one Group is a nasty combination.” Sabriel nodded, bobbing her head lightly but enough to make the golden locks bounce in a springy like fashion on and off her shoulders.

“What about the third member? Euphino?” Zero asked, perking one eyebrow in interest at Sabriel’s thoughts. She frowned lightly, lightly tapping her elegant finger on her chin once more, her pale brown eyes narrowed in concentration.

“He is young, fit and he has got what it takes to go far. For someone who has a peculiar name he is also really swift, bamboozling every opponent with his speed and agility. However, rumours are flying that Speed isn’t his Major? Is that true Zero?”  Sabriel asked curiously, earning a nod from the male host.

“It is true; I have looked it up personally myself. Even though the AI didn’t show me just what exactly his Major is, it proved to me that there is already someone else who has the Major of Speed, or Stealth if you call it. His secret for his quick speed is his weapon for now, will there be anyone who can crack this secret and use it against him?”

“Well we will know it sooner or later now shall we? So who is our fourth member of Group Pandora?” Sabriel asked curiously, eyeing the fourth slot.

“Not member Sabriel, members. Plural. The fourth members in Group Pandora are Armageddon and Zessica, one the audience have a hard time believing that such contrasting and opposite players could work so well together in one Team.” To this, Sabriel raised one eyebrow, a wide smirk like smile creeping on her face.

“Yes I heard about this Team and it’s shocking that their battle strategies are so simple. It requires Armageddon to take the role of the offence while Zessica, a Child of Misfortune, takes the role as the defence. The thing about this Team is that the way they fight is completely spontaneous and random. I’ve never seen two people this awkward to read and that has been their redeeming feature so far. Their opponents struggle to adapt to the way they fight and to top it off; they have the most polar opposite personalities I have ever witnessed, making even guessing their next move impossible.”