18 - Decluttering Two Overthinking Minds.

Arma was in that state of nearly being awake, with the feeling of hearing and being aware of his surroundings but yet at the same time, he couldn’t bring himself to open his eyes to blink back the fuzziness of his sleep and move his lips to talk. He could tell that he was no longer in the kitchen and probably in his bedroom, the place he was in had that calming feeling. However, Arma felt like he was drowning more and more into a thick substance in which he recognised as sleep, which was funny because just a while ago it seemed like he was about to be awake. He guessed he was wrong then.

There was a muffled voice though; it was barely distinguishable, like it was speaking through a thick fog. Arma cringed in his sleep, furrowing the gap between his eyebrows uncomfortably. Eventually the muffled voice became clearer, breaking through the fog which was growing less dense. Arma slowly opened his eyes and blinked back the glare of the white light. He realised he was sitting sprawled on the floor in an unknown room. The tall lad abruptly got up to find it was a sealed room with no doors or windows whatsoever, he was trapped.

“Yay! You finally woke up Sawyer.” Arma turned to find Oliver standing right behind him and he relaxed once he knew that he wasn’t physically trapped as he thought. Oliver had summoned his consciousness once again. He let his shoulders sag lightly and loosened his fist to a more relaxed position.

“Oh it’s you...so why did you summon me Oliver?” Despite having that oversized hoodie that concealed most of his face, Oliver smiled brightly before he sat down crossed legged in the sealed room, encouraging Arma to do the same. The Pikachu hoodie wearing guy inched closer towards the tall lad who didn’t cowered away. After all, he had enough encounters with this phenomenal person to be wary of him and Oliver had helped him several times. It was time to do the favour.

“I want to answer some of the mysteries that your friend, Zatch had been solving for a while. Before that, I want you to be aware what those mysteries are. Whatever I say, you must promise me that you will believe them since it happened and I am not joking. Although, it is your choice whether to believe me or not.” Oliver started, holding out one finger as if trying to prove his point. Arma puckered his eyebrows together in puzzlement before nodding blankly.

“Good, first off and straight to the point, like Zessica, there are some memories you have forgotten when the Taboo occurred.” Arma gawked at the peculiar guy before him for several minutes, letting the words sink in before flaring up in the heat of the moment. A part of him wanted to ask whether Oliver was joking, whether he was pulling a prank but due to unknown reason, another part of him knew that Oliver would never lie to him. It was a strange feeling, being in denial. Questions started piling up from one thing to another and before Arma could go blank, Oliver spoke up again.

“I know you must be a bit confused right now but let me explain a bit to make it a bit clear hmm? When the Taboo occurred, you were with your childhood friend Phoenix and Zatch at their apartment, watching the trials live with that television. When someone destroyed more than half of the game stadium, you passed out, losing the memories of your first two years after Doomsday in the process.” Arma stared at Oliver, still completely lost at what was going on. Was he dreaming? Was he dreaming about another encounter with Oliver?

“Hehehe, no you are not dreaming Sawyer...this is happening and in fact, very real” Oliver chuckled lightly who laughed even more when Arma gave him the most bamboozled face he ever wore in his life.