17 - A Better Insight of the Past

Excuse us for a minute. Titania, you can go ahead upstairs to the kitchen if you don’t mind, I have some...certain matters to deal with Stabs and Euphino here...” Arma dismissed as politely as he could to which his eyes failed to show the same hospitality towards the young man himself. Titania, still oblivious with what these two lads shared simply nodded without further questions and trotted upstairs. Once Arma was certain that Titania was out of earshot; the tall lad glared at Euphino before glancing at Stabs, his eyes demanding an explanation.

“I know, I know. You two didn’t get on the wrong foot but...hear him out a bit please? He can answer everything, not me. Please not the face...” Stabs whimpered lightly, both arms rose in surrender. Arma merely eye rolled at his theatrics, letting Stabs go. He watched as the lanky guy clumsily tripped over the golden stairway and trotted upstairs to join Titania. Once he disappeared from view, Arma glanced back and crossed his arms with malcontent at Euphino who had the same annoying aura around him which grinded the tall lad’s nerves intensively.

“Okay. Explain” Arma ordered furiously, his voice clipped. Euphino’s grin never faltered as he scratched the back of his curly hair somewhat awkwardly.

“Where to start...oh...I am sorry what I did the other day. Honestly I was just teasing you. So I called you a monster, who knew you could hold such a grudge?” Arma felt one eyebrow twitching in disgust. Euphino just proved something Arma thought was impossible. He was even more of a handful than Zatch the ‘Human Database’. However, he did not see the day where Euphino would apologise at his doorstep but Arma wasn’t ready to be best buddies with this guy yet.

“What’s with the sudden change of heart? Did Zessica tell you that never to see her again unless you become my friend or something?” Arma asked acidly to which Euphino simply grinned broadly, looking somewhat guilty at the taller lad.

“That, and the fact that I truly am sorry. Like I said, it was simply a little tease. Though, I didn’t expect Zessica to react and get you both in Blessed Combat, which you have proven yourself worthy to be her partner. However, just not quite there yet, if you don’t mind me adding.” Arma narrowed his eyes at Euphino who simply stared back with those eyes that feigned innocence. It seemed that Euphino did still not like the idea of Arma being Zessica’s partner.

‘Well he will have to deal with it.” Arma thought coldly, suddenly protective over the short girl who was sleeping away two floors above. Euphino glanced up where Stabs had disappeared then stared at the tall lad, quiet with his own thoughts when he hunched his shoulders down low. A big grin materialised on his face, making Arma wonder what sort of scheme he was devising right now in his cunning mind of his.

“Perhaps I chose the wrong day to come over, since it seemed like I am ruining your...date?” The mere mention of that wretched word instantly made Arma’s cheeks to grow warm from shyness.

“It’s not a date! God, you and Zessica, what is with you and this date? It’s hanging out! I wouldn’t have invited Stabs here if it was a date!” Euphino chortled lightly at Arma’s outburst; who was now flushed red from embarrassment. Arma wondered how on earth Zessica had enough tolerance to even deal this guy. Everything this guy did seemed offensive towards the taller lad. Then again, Zessica had a fair number of ticking him off too. Was it that similarity that made Zessica claim that this weird guy here, her old acquaintance?

“Speaking of Zessica, where is she?” Euphino asked curiously, looking around. Arma didn’t know why but Euphino’s voice made him to grit his teeth tightly and dig his nails to his clenched fist. Several veins started throbbing at once at his temples and Arma is left with glaring at the younger guy.

“None of your business.”

“Oh come on, not even a hint? I even said sorry... which is sort of rare coming from me. I am not the apologising type after all.” Euphino asked challengingly, taking a step forward. Arma surprised himself when he unconsciously stepped back. He thought he could easily tackle Euphino, with the height difference to his advantage but it seemed last time Arma tried to beat the heck out of the younger lad still hasn’t worn off of him. He was still wary of the guy who claimed to have super speed when he actually has something else, something no one knows yet.