Chapter 3 : Truth or dare?

“Why am I needed?” I asked walking into the kitchen. “Mat did you set something on fire?” He gave me a little frown before saying no. “We’re going next door. The neighbors came over and invited us for a barbeque.” Oh thank goodness nothing bad happened. “Just put on a shirt because they have a pool so they said be prepared to swim.”

♪♫♬♪♫♬♪♫♬♪♫♬♪♫♬

                We walked over to the neighbors and went through the gate to their yard. I met Stormy and Mark and they were really nice. I was actually worried about meeting their kids. They said they were great though. Just then someone came up behind me and spun me around. After I was set back down I turned around to see Riker standing behind me. “Riker!” I shouted confused. “Guess we’re neighbors.” He said with a sweet smile. “Wait.” Mat said leaning down to me. “Isn’t that-“ I cut him off. “Yes Maty, That is Riker Lynch. R5 bassist.” I said and Mat stood straight back up. “Cool.” He said. I rolled my eyes at him. Apparently he noticed because he tickled my sides and I screamed. “Not cool!” I said when he finished. Riker just chuckled. “we met on the beach earlier.” Riker said. “I accidently tackled Kat here.” He said smiling. “You must be Mat.” He said extending his hand to Mat. “Hey, I’m Riker.” Mat shook his hand then shoved both hands back in his pockets. “”Well, do you want to meet everyone?” He asked. “Sure!” I said. He could tell I was excited. We walked over to a group of beach chairs by the pool. “Guys, this is Kat. Kat, this is-“ But I cut Riker off, finishing his sentence. “Rydel, Rocky, Ross, Ryland, and Ratliff.” I said pointing to each of them as I said their names. “She’s and R5 fan.” Riker said with a chuckle. “Oh hey!” Rocky said. “You’re that girl that Riker landed on top of!” I smiled and I could tell I was blushing. “Yep.” I said. “Hey Kat want something to drink?” Rydel asked. “Sure.” I said smiling at how friendly she is. I followed her into the kitchen as she grabbed two waters from the fridge and handed one too me. “So you’re an R5 fan, huh?” She said with a smile at my R5 bracelet. “Yeah.” I said. “Hey how old are you?” She asked me. “Sixteen.” I said with a smile. “OH cool! Me too!” She said. So we walked back outside while our parents went in. I saw Mat sitting with the guys but he wasn’t really talking. “I’ll be right back.” I whispered to Rydel as I told Mat to come with me. I pulled him over to the corner of the yard. “What’s Wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He said avoiding eye contact. He knew I could tell when he was lying.

“Don’t lie to me Maty.” I said.

“Kat what if they don’t like me?” Mat said.

“Mat, They’ll love you!” I said. I gave mat a reassuring smile. “Please try Maty!” I said. Reluctantly, he gave in. We walked back to the group. I sat down with Mat on my right side and Riker coming and sitting down on my left. “HEY!” Ratliff said. “How about we play truth or dare?” “YEAH!” We all yelled, even Mat.

Normal P.O.V

Ratliff: “Rydel Truth or dare?”

Rydel: “Truth.”

Ratliff: “Do you think Kat’s brother is cute?”

Rydel: “I actually do. Ok, Kat truth or-“

Kat: “Truth.”

Rydel: “Which R5 guy do you have the biggest crush on?”

Kat: “Can I pick dare?”

Rydel: “I dare you to answer that question.”

Kat: “Riker. Rocky, truth or dare?”

Rocky: “Dare!”

Kat: “I dare you to jump in the pool with all of your cloths on!”

Rocky seemed surprised but went to the diving board and did a perfect front flip into the pool. Rocky came back over and said “Riker, Truth or dare?”

Riker: “Dare.”

Rocky: “I dare you, to kiss the girl you like.”

Just then Riker leaned over and kissed Kat!

They broke apart a minute or two later and everyone just looked at them. Thankfully Rydel saved them by asking who wanted to go for a swim.