Chapter 1 : New homes?

Kat’s P.O.V

I had been out of town, so I hadn’t even seen our new house yet. My dad texted me the address and after a few hours I pulled up to a three story house right on the beach. I parked in the driveway with my mouth hanging open in awe. My dad must have heard me pull up because before I could even get out of my car, he was out of the large house and getting my bags. I had only gotten my license two months before, on the exact day I turned sixteen. So dad is always nervous when I drive. He had wanted to drive me to my mom’s myself but I reminded him he needed to be in town to move us into our new home, so reluctantly he gave in.

                “Hey dad!” I said as I got out of my truck, Red, previously belonging to my dad. “Hey!” My father yelled picking me up into a big hug. “How was your trip?” He asked me. “It was fun. I missed Colorado so much! Plus it was fun seeing mom! But I missed you and….Hey where’s-“ was all I got out before I was grabbed and spun around by my younger brother Mat. “Hey kitty-Kat!” He said as he continued to spin me around with my very bright red hair swinging around. “Hey Maty!” I said after squealing, in which he finally put me down and gave me a normal, but very big, hug. Even though he was younger than me, he was about two inches taller, reaching six feet and almost being taller than my dad. My brother and I are very close, although he’s younger. We always have been. He’s been calling me kitty-Kat since he was four and I love it! My full name is Katrina Ann, but I’ve gone by Kat since kindergarten when I met my best friend, Eliot. He thought Katrina was too long so he started calling me Kat and, well, I loved it so much that I just started going my it. And thus the name was born. “Kat you have to see the third floor! It’s just one big room for us to use whenever to hang out in and stuff!” All that could be heard was a loud and high pitched squeal from me before I shot into my new home followed by my dad and Mat.

                Inside we once again hugged, but were interrupted by my cell phone bursting with R5’s song “Without you” and I knew who it was instantly. So did my brother and my dad, but they both decided to give me a look that asked who it was. “It’s just Eli.” I said holding up my hands in defence. “Hey Eli!” I said answering the phone and putting him on speaker. As I did so my father and brother repeated my greating. Eli was like family to them. He’s the older brother Mat never had. “Hello earthlings!” He said. He was always doing weird stuff like that. That’s what I loved about him! “Did you start moving your stuff in yet?” He asked curiosity taking him over as he sounded like a 5 year old. “I just got here Eli! Chill! I’m going to start moving things in like ten. I miss you already though!” My father and brother left the room until I was done on the phone because they knew how Eli and I get sometimes. Even if we’re apart for just a little while, we miss each other like crazy. “I miss you too hun!” He said and I could tell how much he meant it. I even heard a ting of sadness in his voice. To answer your next question, no we’re not dating and no, we never have. We are very close though! I don’t think I can say I’ve ever been as close to anyone as I am to him. “Hey Josie! I better go! Mat wanted to show me around and I really need to start moving in!” Eli’s middle name is Joseph, in second grade we took our middle names and I gave him a girl name and he gave me a guy name. It’s Andrew. “Alright Kat’s! I love you!” “Love you to El’s! Call me in an hour or so?” I said and after he promiced he would, we got off the phone.

                “Are you done gushing over how much you miss Eli yet?” Mat said in a sarcastic voice but he had a smile on his face. I could tell he was happy to have me back. “Yes.” I said. “Oh will you just date him already?” Mat asked with a sigh. “Mat how many times have I told you, we don’t fell like that about each other.” I said and when he put up his hands in surrender I stuck my tounge out at him. He just chuckled. He then picked me up, threw me over his shoulder and carried me to his room. He threw me down onto his bed and started  tickling me. I started screaming and laughing and after about ten minutes of this, Mat gave it up and sat down next to me on his bed. I looked around his room and saw he had already made it his little home. “Have you met any new people yet?” I asked with sympathy in my voice. Mat had never been popular and he had a very unique circle of friends back home in Colorado. I knew he missed them. “No.” He said his eyes growing sad. “I miss how it used to be.” He stated. I knew what he meant. He missed the way our family was. Our parent’s split when I was ten and he was eight. Six years ago. We used to be a very big happy family. We both had our own dogs, my English Bulldog Ranger, I brought with me, but Mat’s bulldog Jay passed away two years before we moved to L.A. He missed us all living together. He missed me walking us to school, having lunch together, and meeting in between classes and after school. “I miss it too Maty. But we are never going to change. You and I, we’ll always stay the same. I will always love you more than anything. You’re so important to me Mat.” I said as he put his arm around me and I cuddled with my baby brother, realizing just how fast things change, and how fast he was growing up. “I love you kitty-Kat. You’re the best sister ever.” I didn’t even have to tell him I love him too, although I did. Because he already knew. After a while of sitting in comfortable silence in his room, he pulled me off his bed. “Let’s go see your room!” He shouted. He lead me to the room across the hall. Since I’m the oldest, I get the biggest room. Not to mention the guys feel kind of sorry for me sometimes. Being the only girl and all. My jaw hit the floor as I opened the door to the room. Not only was it huge! But it also had a large walk in closet full stacked with all of my clothes besides the ones back in Colorado. I leave those with my mom. I also had my own bathroom. My walls were painted red and white. The bed had a red comforter with white polka dots on it. Lastly there was a white desk, a red lamp, my red laptop, My white docking station for my ipod and two bean bag chairs, one white and one red. (In case you haven’t noticed, my favorite color is red.) “Oh.My.Gosh.” I said as I heard Mat chuckle as he sat down on the white bean bag chair. “Hey, hey, hey!” I said. “Don’t be lazy! Help me unpack!”

♪♫♬♪♫♬♪♫♬♪♫♬♪♫♬

                It took a while to get my room situated, but when I did it was about four. So I decided to go to the beach. I threw on my red suit and my white shorts. I then made sure I had my signature red ipod. I go NOWHERE without it. “Bye guys! I’m going for a walk on the beach!” I shouted coming down stairs and walking into the kitchen where my brother and father where. “Got your phone?” My dad asked. I held up my cell phone. It had a white case with a bejeweled red K in the middle of the back. Eli had gotten me the case for my fourteenth birthday. “Love you.” My dad said giving me a peck on the cheek. “Love you too.” I said and the Mat hugged me like life depeneded on it. “Love you kit!” Mat said. “I love you too Maty, but you do know I’ll be back right?” I said as he finally let me go. “Love you guys!” I said walking out of the kitchen. I walked through the back door and stepped right onto the beach. I put my head phones in and started blasting my favorite band, R5.

I walked for a while and then I was suddenly tackled to the sand.