Chapter 21

"Ah Ha! You're out of money!" Izzy yells taking the remainder of our money. I groan in disbelief.

"Dang it!" Clara and I say in unison. Izzy and Xander high-five while laughing at us.

"Good game everyone," Amanda says. Adam grumbles with disapproval and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Don't be mad because you were the first one to lose," Amanda says.

"It was Tony's fault!" Adam replies gesturing towards Tony.

"No, It wasn't! You should have saved some money instead of buying everything!" Tony exclaims. They start to banter and we just laugh at them.

"Alright cut it out. You're acting like children," Amanda says playfully.

"They are children," Xander says under his breath.

"You to Alexander," she says giving him a pointed look.

"Alright, I think it's time we head home. It's getting late," Amanda says. Everyone nods in agreement saying goodbye and giving hugs.

"Bye guys thank you for coming," Carol says waving goodbye as everyone leaves.

"Bye guys," I say smiling at them.

"Bye Emilia!" Izzy says running to me. I lean down and wrap my arms around her.

"Bye Izzy, I'll see you again soon, okay?" I say to her letting go. She nods her head and runs back to Amanda.

"Bye Emilia see you at school tomorrow," Xander says.

"Bye Xander, see you later," I say sending a small wave with a smile on my face. They leave and the door shuts. There is complete silence when the door shuts.

"U-Uh, I-I'm gonna go to bed. Thanks again for letting me stay here...grandma," I say to her giving her a goodnight hug. It's kind of strange calling her that after being told she wasn't even alive but it's nice to know I have some good family left.

"Goodnight sweety," She says letting go and heading down the hall to her room.

I enter my room and put on my pajamas flopping into bed. Fatigue instantly washes over me and I instantly fall asleep.

I search through the fridge trying to find some food for my growling stomach. I can't sleep because it won't stop. I move things around, trying to find something quick.

"What do you think you're doing?!" My father says behind me making me jump out of my skin. I didn't even hear him!

"I-I'm sorry, I-I was hungry and I-" He smacks me across the face before I can finish my sentence.

"You fat bitch! You don't get to eat! You're already getting too big!" He yells in my face. He pushes me causing me to fall to the floor.

"I-I'm sorry, plea-" I groan when he kicks me in the stomach.

"SHUT UP! Begging won't help you!" He says. He repeatedly kicking me. I clutch my stomach to try easing the pain.

"Please...." I say trailing off.

I fly up looking around the room. I grab my chest trying to calm my racing heart. I look over at the clock on the nightstand. 6:30 am. I get up and head to the bathroom doing my routine. I go back to my room and grab undergarments from my bag slipping them on.

I look at myself in the tall mirror and grimace in disgust. I look at the jagged, bumpy scar in a giant X in the middle of my stomach and my 2 other scars on my side and thigh. I look up and down my body as my memories of my dream playing over in my head again.