10: Confrontation?

Start from the beginning

Being spoiled and pampered is the best. I never even took such good care of my wife. Maybe if I had she wouldn't have betrayed me. I sure as hell wouldn't ever betray or hurt Lenix. 

I was completely engrossed in my lovely daydream and I must have been making an irresistibly adorable face because Lenix pinched my cheek.

"Owwww!" I rubbed my cheek and frowned like it was the worst thing ever. "Are you reading my thoughts?" I'm still suspicious about that.

"So you were thinking something that deserved a pinch?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Yes, I was," I stated smugly, "and if you didn't read my mind then why did you pinch me?" Ha, got him now, proof at last.

"You had a dumb look and were drooling on yourself. Just what were you thinking about?" He actually pointed out a small wet mark on my robe.

Or maybe not proof, and how could my adorable face look dumb? 

"I was thinking about all the delicious foods you will buy me when we run away together and leave my past behind!" I posed dramatically and pointed into the distance for effect.

He pinched my other cheek.

"Owwww! What the hell was that for?"

"You were right. Your thoughts did deserve a pinch, gold digger." He smirked at me. 

Unai shuffled and rolled over facing us.

Lenix sighed and looked serious, "Imogen, how long will you keep Unai in this summoned state? You should know better than me how much strain the time travel placed on his body. He's getting weaker."

I moved closer to Unai, petting him gently.

"I know he needs to be within my soul to recover his strength. It's just...I'm scared that I won't be able to summon him again."

"Unai told me about being blocked by a powerful person, maybe the mastermind behind your murder?"

"Yeah, I never knew such a thing was possible before, now I'm terrified of it. Every time I decide to un-summon Unai I panic and end up keeping him summoned." I feel guilty about it but Unai is scared of it too.

"It's not a simple magic and it should be rare here. It's something I can do, so I'll teach you about it and how to overcome it." Lenix assured me.

"Yes! That's amazing, knowing how to do that would solve the problem completely. I wouldn't be scared anymore."

"It's complicated magic that will take time to learn. For now, I'll create a charm for you to keep that will prevent any interruptions to your summoning," he said.

That's a huge worry off my mind.  

"If it's rare can we use it to somehow track the person who did it?" This might be a lead.

"Possibly, but we would have to catch them using it."

I finished my food and Lenix took the plate back, handing me a glass of juice.

"On to the next issue. When are you going to meet that friend of yours and the rest?" he asked me as I downed the juice and handed him the empty glass.

I wasn't ready to see Ander still. I didn't want to let go of my anger but I also knew taking it out on him would be terrible and make me feel worse in the long run. So I did the most reasonable thing, I hid and avoided him.

"Is never an option? 'Cause I like never," I asked nervously wringing my hands.

"No, it isn't. You skulking around avoiding them is pathetic. You face them or we get rid of them."