5

Del

A lady's voice booms through the airport warning me that my flight is about to take off. I take in a deep breath and grab my carry on and head towards the terminal.

I'm excited yet so nervous all at the same time. I wonder what he'll think of me when he sees me. It's been years and I'm sure I've changed. I'm sure he's changed.

I hand the lady my ticket with a small smile. She takes the ticket and then hands me back the part I get to keep. "Have fun on your trip." She says smoothly. "Thank you." I mutter.

My grip on my bag tightens as I enter the plane. I search for my seat and push my hair behind my ear.

Del:
I'm getting ready to take off

I don't know why I felt the need to check in with Grayson but I did. I always used to tell him everything. He always knew what I was up to.

Grayson:
Can't wait to see you :)

The simple text makes a smile linger on my face as I get settled into the plane. I can't wait to see him either.

Grayson

"Grayson." A firm voice says behind me as I carry my guitar towards the exit of the venue. I turn around quickly to be met with the big producer. "Hey!" I say a little too excitedly. He just smiles.

"You did a great job out there." He says shaking my hand firmly. "Thank you Thank you." I ramble as I continue to take in this moment. I would've never thought that this would be happening.

"Here. This is my card. Give me a call when you have a minute to come out to the studio." He says simply. I take the card with shaky hands and look at him with pure shock.

"Yes. Definitely. I'll be in touch." I stammer. I can't wipe the smile off my face. Finally, something big is happening for me.

The producer leaves with ease as I continue to take in the card. It's a sleek black with the studios name printed on the front in red and silver letters.

"I told you you would do great." My manager says patting me on the back. I can't help but beam at him. "You deserve it man. Don't screw it up." He says, pointing at me sternly. I just nod furiously.

"When should I call?" I ask as I stuff the card into my pocket. "Give it a couple of days. Make him wait a little." My manager grins. I can't help but chuckle. I'm as nervous as I am when I'm trying to hit on a girl I find attractive.

"I'll see you later. Be careful on your way home bud." He says before he exits the venue.

I pull my sleek iPhone out of my pocket to check the time. "Shit." I mutter to myself as I realize Del will be landing any minute and I have yet to leave for the airport.

I quickly rush through the remaining people and out the venue. I can't let her sit there. It's too late for a girl like her to be alone.

Word count 535
It's been a while.