D.K. x Jihyo - "I should just notice you before."

Start from the beginning

I still have a long way to go and it made me pout to see how I still need to ascend on the stairs to get into my music class. My ragged breathing even adds up to my irritation, I may admit it or not but walking a minute or two really drains me out.

A few minutes had passed and at last, I'm only a step away from my class. Everything must've been went good but not until someone pushed me, causing me to trip on my foot, in just a matter of second I was already facing the ground. My things were scattered and I look like a big mess in front of everybody.

Majority of them laughs at me, a few kicked my things and some were clearly infuriated just like the guy standing in front of me, his eyes are burning with anger. He's mad.

"Move your fat ass on the way. You should know there's no room for your big size here." He dropped his insult before walking away, leaving me there having no face to present with everybody.

No one tries to ask if I'm okay, no one even dares to offer help.

Doing my best to compose myself, gathering my scattered things and fixing my uniform, I began to stood up and ignore the others. I'm used to this anyway, I'm the laughingstock of everybody since my very first day in this school.

I then took a glance at my wristwatch.

No no no... I'm already late for my music class.

That makes me rush to the direction of my room and stopped right in front of the door. From here, I could hear the loud music playing inside, as well as the voices of my classmates singing.

The class had already started and I did my best to look presentable before I went inside.

I entered the room and slowly put down my bag. Just when I thought no one would notice my presence, Mrs. Jang looked at my direction, squinting her eyes dangerously at me.

"Ms. Park. You are late again."

The music suddenly stopped and all my classmates turned to look at me.

"I'm sorry ma'am. It won't happen again."

"Then quickly move and join them." She strictly commanded.

"Yes ma'am." I nodded before joining the last line of the students in the back. They were formed in a semi-curve, our usual position in our daily choir practice.

I took a deep breath, conditioning my vocals when I saw the person beside me staring.

The tall guy with an admiring pointed nose but has an ugly personality is standing right beside me. He's the guy earlier who insulted my size and named me fat ass.

I glared at him.

He glared back.

My blood boils immediately at the sight of him glaring. I can't believe this guy is in the same class as me.

Mrs. Jang instructed them to began at the top verse and I sing along with them.

My voice indeed helps to reach the tone higher. At some point, I can notice the rude guy stealing glances at me. I shifted from my foot to the other so I could compose myself and not get distracted.

I glance at him too a few minutes later, wanting to caught him staring but he was quick to look away.

After an hour, our music class ended and I was the last person left inside. I'll clean this room as my punishment for being late.