Chapter Two ~ Monarchy Game

Six months have passed since the wedding and yet Victoria haven't let Lysander touch her and now sitting in her room with needle and knitting kit in her hand, Victoria have always spent her time alone in her room. She misses her mother terribly and also Viviare. The highland of Viviare and the clansman, the foods. Victoria is always been a nature woman and living in the palace wasn't exactly her ideal place.

  Victoria's daydream was interrupted by the sound of a door knocking," Come in." She said.

   "Your majesty." A servant-girl open the door and bow," Queen Agathe is here." Walking into Victoria's room in a royal and arrogant manner," Your highness." Victoria stand up and bow before her.

   "No need to bow." She said with her head held up and walk to the window," I heard from Lysander that you haven't let my som touch you."

   "I simply wanted to keep my chastity before..."

   "Before what?" She interrupted," Lysander is your lawfully wedded husband."

   "I'm aware and I am not ready. And if your majesty understand I shan't be rush into something that I am not prepare." Victoria replies.

   "Be careful on which you speak, child. This is Ostia not Viviare."

   "Is that it?" Victoria said.

   "That's it." Queen Agathe leaves the room leaving Victoria breathless. Feeling strained, she run to the bathroom and take off her corset letting her breathe easily as she sobbing," Father, what shall I do?" She chanting.

   "A wedding? Lysander's wedding it's six months ago and now you wanted another wedding, Have you lost your mind?" Cato's outbursts in front of his father, King Darius.

   He currently in his study room alongside Prince Quince and Prince Lysander.

   "Yes, indeed. A wedding between you and Prince Quince." King Darius said in a calming manner.

   "I am sorry if I may speak, I am still young and I'm currently on my education— I do not think marriage is for me. Prince Cato and I have only met once and that is six months ago." Prince Quince speaks up.

   "And in that first time my son already taking your 'apple' so to speaks and besides you are thirteenth in line for your throne and pardon me but unless you planning on ruling a kingdom— your 'education' is not important especially since you don't have to work, you are a prince." King Darius replies.

   "Excuse me?" Prince Quince looks very offended," Father?" Lysander try to stop his father from saying anything further and their conversation was cut postponed when the door open and queen Agathe joins them," Whatever is this, Husband?"

   "I'm trying to persuade my son to marry Prince Quince." He replies.

   "Marry? As for our first son's wedding is not enough for you."

   "This wedding will benefit..."

   "Benefit who father? You, the kingdom, or it's just one of your sick power hungry attempts..." Cato stand up and just like that his father swing his hand across Cato's hand," You dare not speak like that, boy— I am your father, and I'm also King of Ostia."

   "Boys, leave us." Queen Agathe commands and the three boys leave the room leaving her and her husband to speaks alone.

   "You will not hit our son again."

   "The boy needs to be taught a lesson on how to speaks to his father."

   "Father or not you shan't hit your son, our son. And what the bloody hell is this marriage?"