Chapter One ~ Heart of Man

Her blue eyes gazed upon the mirror in front of her, it is what I will be? She wondered to herself. She always remembers her mother's word that she have responsibility, the war has taken so much from not just her family but from her people too. Though she didn't choose to be the princess of Viviare, she have responsibility and given any other choice she will do it over and over again for she love the people like her family.

"You look very beautiful." She looks through the mirror and stood behind her is her old mother, though not in the peak of her life she still look very regal and aged like a fine wine with her black hair and pale blue eyes.

Queen Zoya looks at her daughter who wearing a beautiful snow colour wedding dress with shoulder sleeve and a laced up dress that showing off her hourglass figure with long royal skirt made from different fabrics that looks very royal and majestic to look at.

"I am very proud of you." Victoria turns around and look at her mother who is shorter than her. Victoria is a tall woman stood at almost 5'10"ft. Her hair is groomed beautifully with expensive crystal and diamond scattered around her head.

"I am doing this for Viviare."

"You always have Viviare in your heart and that's what make a good princess and even better queen someday. My biggest regret is that I cannot see my daughter seeing marrying the man she actually love and fell in love for— I am sorry for this arrangement." Zoya hugs her daughter dearly.

"Don't be, This is for the goods of the people."

"Your Father would be proud of you, her little Victory, her little diamond." Zoya put her hand on her daughter's cheeks. They were interrupted by the sound of knocking and door opening.

"Princess Ravenna." Ravenna enters the room in a beautiful golden dress that match her golden hair perfectly and her green eyes and when she enters the room Zoya and Victoria bows at her.

"Don't bow," Ravenna in her humble toned insisted." You look stunning." Ravenna is in awed looking at Victoria in a wedding dress fits for queen.

"The wedding will begin soon," a man enters the room. Since Victoria's father passed away, the honour of walking her down the aisle goes to Prince Cato. Prince Cato is a very handsome lad who stood at 6 ft in height with pale skin and dark blonde hair. He also have a lean and muscular built with thick, toned and very big body typically found in a people who regularly working out but not as thick as bodybuilder.

   Taking the bouquet of white flowers, Victoria put on her wedding veil. She look at the mirror one more time after her mother excuse herself out to go to the chapel room where the ceremony will be held.

   "I know you hate this. I too, no one should marry to person they don't love or haven't met for that matter." Cato said to Victoria in a distinct accent because he was raised in the country where the language they spoken almost like a song and each vowel are very romanticised and unlike Ostia who spoke in very posh upperclass.

   "Thank you." Victoria take Cato's arms and wrapped it around him as she holding the bouquet of flowers to walk down the aisle with Ravenna walking before her alongside other bridesmaids her age.

   The beautiful cathedral of Oaths is a beautiful chapel and also the oldest in the kingdom. The cathedral is the most notable religious buildings and the traditional place of coronation and burial site for Ostianian and, later, Ostia monarchs. It is also the place where the royal wedding held.

   The Cathedral is very beautiful and decorated with gold and silvers and the altar is where the archbishop of the Cathedral performs the ceremony in front of the people of Ostia, across the world and the most important in front of the elder god of Ra'el.