LAWLU; In love with Strawhat

Modern AU: college
Luffy: Freshman, 18y/o
Law: Sophomore, 20y/o
———————————————

"Dude, just ask him out already! You've been obsessed with him for over almost a year!"

"I'm not obsessed, Eustass-ya" I replied dryly as I looked away from the boy I had been staring at. School was about to start but I was still outside, sitting on a bench with an annoying redhead next to me.

"School year's almost over ya know, you should take your chance before it's too late!"

"He'll still be here next year." 

It's not like I haven't had any relationships before, not at all. I've been with men and women before, but never for long. It would normally just be for sex. This... is just different.

The first time I saw him was at the beginning of the school year. Let's say... he wasn't very easy to miss. Wearing a red, flashy shirt, blue shorts, sandals and a strawhat, in the middle of autumn. 

But ever since I laid my eyes on that strawhat kid, I just couldn't keep him out of my mind. His silly laugh, his pretty shining eyes, his carefree attitude... He was everything that I am not. Maybe that's why I'm so attracted to him.

I never had the courage to talk with him or start a conversation. We share a few classes together but he's always with his friends, so I have no chance talking to him in private. Being the anti-social type doesn't help much either. 

Luffy was his name. I knew that, not because I'm a stalker, I just happen to listen to some of their conversations every so often. He was also very popular and was friends with almost everyone. He just has that likable personality.

I caught myself looking at him again. He was laughing with one of his friends' joke as they all walked inside the school. Why must he always be surrounded by so many people? 

"C'mon! You're such a pussy you know that?" He laughed as he poked my arm with his elbow.

I looked up at the sky and sighed, "Why are we friends again?" 

"Hey! It's not my fault you don't have the balls to ask him out!"

I shrugged and grabbed my bag as I stood up, "I'm off to class, see ya." Before he could say anything else, I already took off. I walked through the hall, which was still crowded with people. The bell rang as I entered the classroom and looked around, seeing Luffy sitting with his friends in the back. I took a seat at the front, as usual. 

The class filled itself with more people and at last the teacher showed up. I wasn't really paying attention, being too focused on something else. Maybe Eustass was right. What if I wait too long and someone else asks him out before I do? But I'm not even sure if he likes guys... Or is he already in a relationship? 

Before I knew it, I could hear the bell ring, signalling that the lesson is over. Students are leaving the class room as I put my books back into my bag. I looked behind my shoulder to see Luffy and his green haired friend, Luffy looked almost... nervous? The moss head guy laughed and whispered something in Luffy's ear, making Luffy blush and nod. He pulled back and ruffled the boy's hair before leaving the classroom.

Where those two together?? Hold on... Don't jump to conclusions yet. It could just be a friendly gesture? But then why was Luffy blushing? 

I looked away from him. It hurts, thinking that my crush loves someone else. 

I grabbed my bag and was about to leave the classroom until I heard rushed footsteps, followed by a soft tap on my shoulder, making me turn around.

"H-hey! Torao right?" Luffy smiled at him. Only now noticing how small he actually is compared to myself. Wait... why was he talking to me? And what did he just call me?

"Uh..." Fuck. How embarrassing. Now Luffy was finally talking to me and yet, I'm unable to say anything.

"That's what Nami said was your name... well anyway! I came to ask you something actually..." 

He came to ask me something? So he needs something from me?

"I um... I know we never talked before and all but..." Strawhat looked at his feet, his hands playing with the hem of his shirt nervously, "I... was wondering if you would want to go on a date with me some time?" He moved his head back up, looking right into Law's eyes.

"I- wait what?" I stuttered. He was asking me out?? And fucking hell. Luffy was just too damn cute blushing like this.

Strawhat grinned, "Is that a yes or a no?"

I nodded slowly, "Y-yes"

"Awesome! I'm so happy you said yes! Guess I was just nervous for nothing, Shishishi~" He laughed, scratching the back of his head, "Well I gotta go now, see you later torao!" Luffy moved closer, standing on his toes to give me a small, sweet peck on my cheek. He pulled back and gave me a huge smile before hopping out of the classroom.

I was left standing there in an empty classroom, recollecting my thoughts.

Wait...

What just happened?

----------------------------------------

Alright so this was a lawlu one shot hehe. Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it :3

Next one will be about ZoLu~

This picture is just too cuteeee ≧◡≦, I dunno what it's saying though XD, just pretend Law and Luffy are on a date and Luffy actually pays more attention to food than to Law

This picture is just too cuteeee ◡≦, I dunno what it's saying though XD, just pretend Law and Luffy are on a date and Luffy actually pays more attention to food than to Law