Will pain ever end?

Mikes POV-

I'm sick and tired of this. She doesn't deserve it. Why does she always get harassed. I took Jane home a little while ago, now I'm sitting on my bed, thinking.

She told me not to worry about it, and that it's not my fault. But what if it is? I should've been there.

She kept wincing every time she walked, she told me it was her hangover, so I didn't question it. I heard my phone buzz, and checked my phone.

My world💕- hey, can you come over? Need 2 talk.

Me- be right there❤️

I grabbed my keys, and drove to Jane's. I knocked on her door, and Jocelyn opened up.

"Mike, how are you?" She smiles, pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm doing well, how are you?" I question, pulling away.

"I'm good! Janes up in her room hun." She smiles, opening the door wider, allowing me in.

"Thank you." I smile, before walking upstairs.

I knock on her door, Jane opens the door smiling. I pull her in for a hug, as she hisses in pain, wincing. "Are you okay? Did I hug too tight?" I ask, pulling away.

"No, it's just I have a um, headache." She gives a small smile.

I raise an eyebrow, knowing she's not telling the truth. I pull her in for another hug, and she winces again.

"Jane? Lift up your shirt." I furrow my eyebrows. "Mike, my moms here." She mumbles, trying to change the subject.

"Fine." I say, right before I lift up her shirt, and reveal bruises on her waist.

"Oh my god." I widen my eyes, with my mouth wide open.

"D-did Brad do this to you?" I ask, clenching my jaw, as my face reddens with anger.

She nods, looking down as she gulps nervously.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, balling my fists, ready to kill that bastard.

"I didn't want you to worry. It's not that bad, really." She reassures.

"Not that bad?! Jane, you have bruises all over your stomach! I didn't know that he held you that tight." I mumble the last part.

Her eyes start filling with tears, as one falls down her  right cheek. I immediately feel bad for yelling at her. "I'm sorry, I just. I hate him." I say, frustratedly.

She looks down, wincing in pain, as she sits down. "This is my fault." I mumble, staring at her bare stomach.

"No, don't say that! It's not your fault!" Now it's her time yelling.

"Yes it is! This would've never happened if I had just stayed with you!" I rest my hands on the back of my head.

"Mike, please." She grabs my arm. "No!" I yell. I throw my hand back, yanking her arm off, accidentally hitting her waist.

She yelps in pain, grabbing her waist. "Ow." She cries, falling down.

"Jane, I'm so sorry!" I yell, trying to help her up.