Lumax

Janes POV- Monday, first day of Christmas Break

I woke up at around ten to loud knocking on my door. My parents were out Christmas shopping, so I quickly went downstairs.

The knocking got more louder, startling me as I tripped. "Coming!" I yell as I get up and rush to the door.

I open it up to Max breathing heavily. "I think we should sit down." She says panting. I gesture for her to go in the living room, as I grab a water bottle.

"Max, what's going on?" I ask passing her the water, sitting down. "I'm late." She says looking down. "No you're not, it's Christmas break remember?" I say chuckling.

"No Jane.. I'm late!" She says setting down her water. "What do you mean you're late?" I say in a low voice. "2 weeks Jane! 2 weeks!" She yells resting her head in her hands.

"Max that makes no sense, I thought you were on  birth control." "I am. But I ran out a few weeks ago, and I didn't think anything of it, and it kinda just.. happened."

"Lucas is gonna kill me!" She says breathing heavily. "Don't think that yet. I'll go to the store, and buy a test. Then we'll see okay?" I say leading her to my room.

She nods slowly as we make it to my room. "I'm gonna get dressed and go to the store. Just lay down okay?" She nods as she lays down putting the blankets over her.

I quickly put on some nike sweats, a sweatshirt, and my nike shoes. I grab my keys, and get in my Range Rover.

I quickly drive to the nearest drug store, and look at the tests. I make sure no one knows I'm here, as I grab it, and throw it in the basket.

"Jane?!" I hear a voice say. I quickly turn around startled to see Dustin with a confused face. "Oh my god are you?"- "no! It's- it's not mine." I say cutting him off.

"What are you doing here anyway?" "I'm grabbing some aspirin, I have a headache. But now it's gone. Who's test is that?" He asks furrowing his eyebrows.

"I can't say." I say looking down. "Is it. Is it Max's?" He asks with a sympathetic look. "Dustin please don't tell anyone, especially Lucas! Besides we don't even know if she's actually pregnant." I say rushing to get out of there.

"Listen I have to go buy this and go home to a very scared Max. So if you'll please excuse me." I say walking past him to get to the register.

"I'm coming with." He says walking with me. "What? Why?" I ask as I put it on the counter. "Because. Max is my friend, and she's not gonna go through this alone." He says as we walk out with the test in the bag.

"Okay, meet me at the house. Just follow my car." I say as I quickly get in my car and drive off.

I finally get to my house with Dustin behind me, I quickly rush inside and run upstairs. "Max I got two tests just in case. I got the most expensive ones!" I say grabbing the tests.

"What's he doing here?! You told him?!" She asks getting up. "No, he actually guessed it." I say looking away. "Dustin please don't tell anyone!" She says pleadingly.

"I promise." He says smiling. "Hey, that's me and Mikes thing!" I say going to the bathroom with Max.

"Okay, take one test, and see what it says. Then we'll take another. I'll meet you outside the door okay? Don't worry. Whatever happens, I'm here." I say slowly closing the door.

After about ten minutes of anxiously waiting, Max finally walks out. "I can't look. Please see what it says." She says closing her eyes as she passes me the test.

I look at it with Dustin looking over my shoulder. We both gasp. "Max. You're pregnant." I say handing her the test.

"Oh god. No no no no! Lucas is gonna kill me, what am I gonna do?! Jane I can't abort the baby, I can't." She says running her hands through her hair.