Confessions

A/N- Look at this cute picture of joe! Should I add Steve more? Lemme know if you want some more mama steve!

Janes POV- 3 weeks after last chapter!

I love him. The way his face lights up when he sees me. The way he loves to tickle me. The way he always blushes when our friends tease us. And the way he makes me happy.

I'm in love with him

Which is why I can't tell him how I feel about him going. Is that bad?

You know the saying that goes, "if you truly love someone, let it go." I honestly think it's how I feel. But seriously? That's why I don't want him to go. I love him too much to let him go. Maybe that saying is just a bunch of crap.

I don't want to sound selfish, so I'll just tell him how proud I am of him, and how he should definitely go.

But inside, my heart breaks every time he mentions it. I feel like my heart shatters. He looks happy that he's leaving. I know that sounds unfair.. but it's true.

He wants to leave. Maybe he wants to leave me too.

Tears prickle in my eyes, as I'm knocked out of my train of thought by a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come downstairs for breakfast." My mom chirps walking back downstairs.

I throw the blankets off of me and skip down the wooden stairs.

I'm greeted by my dad sitting at the dining table. I sit down making small talk with him, while mom makes our plates.

"So, is Mike going to that program?" She asks sitting down next to my dad. "I think so. We haven't really talked about it." I murmur trying to avoid the subject.

"You okay el?" My dad says furrowing his brows. (El is short for Eleanor. My middle name. That's what dad calls me sometimes.)

"Yeah. I'm fine." I fake smile, trying to hide the fact that I'm most definitely not fine.

He nods, continuing to devour his breakfast. "Jane may I speak to you after breakfast please?" My mom whispers with a concerned expression on her face.

I nod slowly, picking at my food. "Are you gonna eat your breakfast hun?" She frowns lightly.

"I'm not that hungry actually." I mumble staring at my food. "I'll take it." My dad mumbles with his mouth full of eggs.

"All yours." I chuckle passing the plate over to him, as he kindly accepts.

My mom leads me to the living room setting me down on the couch. "What's wrong mom?" I ask sitting up.

"You've been distant lately. Is there something going on between you and Mike?" She questions with a concerned look.

"No." I reply bluntly, not exactly wanting to speak about it.

"I know when you're lying. Is this about the offer? Please tell me, I understand." She smiles grabbing my hand.

"I- I don't want him to go." I stutter, while my eyes burn. "I can't tell him that. It's selfish, he deserves this, he's worked so hard." I murmur.