Chapter 7

A/N- As usual, I just want to thank all of you for your continued support! Enjoy xx.

Chapter 7

Hannah's POV

"Hannah, baby things are going to be different today and I just want you to know that I love you, okay?"

"Different how? You're kind of scaring me." I replied as I took a sip of my coffee.

"Well you can't stay after class and chat and I can't give you any special treatment and we're just going to have go lay low for a while."

"Okay I guess."  I said sadly as I played with my hands on the counter.

Irene sighed and walked over to me.  "We're gonna be fine.  I have to go but I love you very much."  She kissed my head and placed her coffee mug in the sink.

"I love you too." I muttered.  For the first time in my life, I was not looking forward to my AP Lit class.   

________________________________________________________________________

I had Irene second period today which was less than fifteen minutes away and I was beyond nervous.  I briefly contemplated skipping because I couldn't stand the thought of her treating me like I was absolutely ordinary when I had felt like that to her for so long.  Even harder than her treating me as if I were ordinary was the obstacle of me having to treat her as if she were just a teacher, just another obscure person in my day when in fact she was the only person in my day who mattered.  How are you supposed to treat the sun like a regular star when it shines so much brighter than all the rest?  The bell rang and I dreaded the whole trip to her class.  

By the time I finally made it upstairs to Irene's class, the halls were practically empty.  She was leaning in the doorway when I approached.  She didn't say anything but she smiled and walked in with me.  Her hand brushed mine and while most onlookers would have passed it off as an accident, I knew it wasn't.  I looked up at her and offered her a sad smile before walking to my seat. 

Irene didn't interact with the class much today considering that we had a test.  I was finding that not looking at Irene was much harder than the test itself.  I felt the little butterfly that is hope flutter in my stomach as I looked at Irene.  That butterfly quickly turned into a rock when she wasn't looking at me too.  I tried desperately to rid my mind of her but it was no use.  It was almost like when you're sweeping and no matter how hard you try to sweep up the rubbish up there are still remnants.  I've been trying to sweep her out of my mind the whole class period and all I can seem to focus on are the remnants of her soft skin and her pink lips and how they'd feel on mine. 

"Fifteen minutes left, guys." Irene advised us from her desk.  

I looked back down at my test which was barely completed and knew that I had to get to work.  I finished the test with two minutes left.  I skimmed it over quickly and walked towards Irene's desk, where she collected the tests.  I slipped mine on top of the stack of papers and felt a pang of hurt when Irene didn't even look up.  I knew she had to do this but fuck why did it have to hurt so bad?  I had just made my way back to my desk when the bell rang.  I didn't mean to be, but I was the last one out.  Irene and I were alone in her class and she sat at her desk silently.  I didn't bother looking at her as I made my way to the door, assuming she would ignore me like she had all class period.