Chapter 6

A/N-I know, I know I'm totally awful at updating BUT here is a chapter for all of you lovelies(: 

Chapter 6

Hannah's POV

The bell rang, dismissing me from my Calculus class and signaling the end of the day.  I immediately grabbed my books from my desk and raced off to Irene's class.  I still couldn't believe how smoothly the weekend had gone- my mother loved Irene almost as much as I did, Irene and I contacted a divorce attorney, and everything seemed to be going fabulously.  

"Watch where you're going, dipshit!"  

I cringed as I heard all of my books hit the floor.  I looked around and luckily I was already in Irene's class.  

"That asshole is in AP Lit?" I asked incredulously. 

"Ray of fucking sunshine, isn't he? What a jerk." She sighed as she lowered herself to help me retrieve my fallen books.  When I looked back up Irene was looking at me with a devilish grin and her lips extremely close to mine.  I smiled at her and leaned in to kiss her when a voice cleared their throat, startling the both of us.  Irene and I shot up from the floor and immediately created distance between ourselves.  

"May I have a word, Mrs. Parker?" Mrs. Harris, the head of the English department, asked. 

"Yes, absolutely." Irene replied cooly as she smoothed over her skirt.  

I watched them walk outside and quietly scooted near the door so I could hear the two voices.  

"I came to discuss your lesson plan but apparently there's something else we should discuss.  Do you want to tell me what was going on in there?"

"Nothing."

"Irene, come on I know you better than that you're like my daughter.  What happened?"

"Maria, I swear nothing happened.  It was that little shit Evan Thomas.  Hannah was walking into my room and he knocked all the books out of her hands.  I was helping her retrieve them.  That's all." 

There was a moment of silence, in which I assumed Mrs. Harris was giving Irene the stare down.  

"Fine, if you say so.  Be careful, Irene.  I would hate for you to have any problems with this department.  Now onto your lesson plan…"

I exhaled with relief and moved away from the door.  We would definitely have to be more careful if we wanted this to last till graduation.  I sat in a desk and let myself recover from the mini heart attack I had almost had when Irene started walking back to the class.  She looked visibly shaken when she returned from the hallway.  

"You heard?"  she asked as she leaned on her desk.  

"Everything."

"Oh god, Hannah.  What are we gonna do? Maria almost caught us this can't happen again.  We're gonna have to be really careful about this whole thing now."