Chapter 5

A/N- Sorry this update has taken absolutely forever…my writing mojo disappeared for a bit but it's back! I am currently studying for final exams and I will be pretty busy with those but I'll try to fit in writing. Hopefully I'll have another chapter up next week. Enjoy!(:

Chapter 5

Hannah's POV

"Four hours?!" Irene exclaimed.  

"Four.  She's been in Nevada for some ridiculous business conference and she's flying over tonight.  This isn't fair.  She can't just be gone for months and months and just come back into my life like she's been here the whole time.  I'm used to her never being around.  I have a life…she can't just expect me to drop everything and welcome her with open arms."  I ranted as I picked up my discarded clothing.  Irene stood from the makeshift bed and wrapped her arms around my waist.  

"Everything's going to be fine, Hannah.  I understand you're overwhelmed and upset but everything's fine, really."  She reassured me as she kissed my forehead.  

"Fine but will you at least come home with me?"

"Do you really think that's the best idea?"

It had completely slipped my mind that my girlfriend was also my Literature teacher and that it could prove to be very problematic.  "Probably not."

"Mhm.  It's fine, baby.  I'll take the ferry back with you and just stay at my place."

"Absolutely not, Irene! I do not want you home with Derek.  Stay here.  My mother has a bungalow on the water it's really cute.  I was planning on staying the night here with you anyway, at least one of us should enjoy it."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I made my way over to the back of the boat, pulled up the anchor, and started sailing back to shore.  It took about twenty minutes to get back to the dock but it seemed much shorter. I reluctantly got off the boat and helped Irene off.  We walked toward the bungalow and with every step the dread of returning to downtown and leaving Irene here grew and grew.   "We're here." I forlornly advised her.  I walked her up the walkway to the bungalow door and she turned to say goodbye.  

"Everything will be fine, okay? She's just here for a couple of days and then everything can go back to normal." 

"Okay." I replied quietly.  Irene pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.  "I love you." I muttered into her neck. 

"I love you too, baby.  Now go, you're gonna miss the ferry." 

________________________________________________________________________

"Hannah, so nice to see you!" My mother exclaimed as she put her bags down in my living room and enveloped me in a hug.  

"Hey, mom." 

"Oh, I hope you weren't busy I know it was short notice."

I frowned at her statement thinking of Irene and how our night had been cut short.  "I wasn't."  The room grew silent and I started to pick at my nails nervously.  "So how long are you planning on staying, mother?" 

"Just the weekend unless something happens with work."

I was really hoping something would happen and I could go back to my life with Irene.  We still had a lot to figure out with the whole Derek debacle and I didn't want to wait any longer than I absolutely had to to get her away from him.  Lucky enough for me, my mother announced that she was exhausted from her flight and would be going to bed.  As soon as she went to her bedroom upstairs, I took my phone out and sent a text to Irene.