I was just a slave.

~

I head home later that evening, when the weather became colder and I didn't have any tears left. The journey going home was miserable. The winter winds made the conditions even worse. I was shriving as I walked the streets of Philadelphia. Even rubbing my arms didn't bring any heat.

When I had reached my home, no light was peeping through the windows. I began to worry, if none of the candles were lit, everyone has to be in bed. I went to the door only to find it was locked. Maybe this was their way of getting rid of me.

Well, I had already accepted my faith anyways.

I walked away from the door and sat down on the stairs while holding my legs close to my body for any type of heat. Dying from the cold will be an interesting way for sure. How pathetic, a frozen girl in front of her house.

Suddenly, I heard a twig snap in the distance. My head shot up as I looked around in the night. Maybe I'll die from some wild attack instead.

"Juliana?" A whisper from behind me. I turned around and saw Abby in her night gown. I guess I didn't heard her open the door because I was too busy with the twig snapping. Abby's eyes widened when she saw my state, and she quickly raced over to me. "Come, we must get you inside." Abby grabbed my shoulders and raced me inside the house.

She brought me to the fireplace, which only had ambers lit, and placed me right next to it. We both knew we couldn't lit it again because that was mother's rules, however, it gave off just enough heat to help my situation. Abby also grabbed one of our thickness blankets and wrapped it around me.

"Where have you been? I have been worried sick." She asked.

I ignored her question, "How did you know I was here?" I questioned, refusing to look at her.

"Twin instinct. I could not fall asleep not knowing where you were at." Abigail paused. "Mother did not want me out searching for you. She told Father you had stayed the night at grandmothers. I did not wish to disobey her." I mentally rolled my eyes at her comment. Typical mother.

Abby reached out to grabbed my frozen hands, "Juliana, I do not think I could live without you. You are my other half. You mean the world to me."

I looked up from the ground and at her, and gave her a surprised look, "Really...?"

Abby nodded and tears began to leave her eyes. "Yes, because you are my sister."

•Mystic Falls, Present Day•

I groaned as I woke up from my sleep. After I had left Mrs. Flowers' home and since it was late, I decided to go to a hotel to sleep. And of course, when I feel asleep, I dreamt of Abigail. I missed her so much, and knowing that she was alive and suffering the same faith as me, made me miss her more. She was the one who was there for me when life seemed worthless.

I knew that after tonight, I was going to find her at all cost. Katherine wasn't going to stop me this time and what ever I felt for Katherine, every feeling I had for her, was gone.

Katherine was apart of the past.

~

After taking a shower and changing into a different pair of clothes, I went to the Salvatore's. I was going to do what Katherine wanted, but in the end I was doing it for me, not her. By doing this, I felt like any debt I had for Katherine, if any, was paid.

When I entered the house, I could heard that Caroline, Stefan and Damon were already in discussion. I raised an eyebrow, what could possible already happened?