"I'm shutting up now," he said, just as they reached the small courtyard in front of their destination. His eyes found the black motorbike waiting just outside the double doors, narrowing on the circular silver dragon design stamped on the bodywork. A rustle of movement drew his gaze away from the bike and onto its rider as he stepped out of the shadows.

The man looked like a typical Council Enforcer – dressed all in black, from his leather jacket to his boots. The only splash of colour was his hair, a deep coppery red, cropped close to his skull. Other than that, Kimimuri couldn't make much out apart from the dark brown eyes that slid from him to the man standing by his side in an instant.

He resisted the urge to sigh. Typical. He was always overlooked, especially when it came to the domineering idiot he called Commander.

Silently, he wondered if anyone else knew about the man's mother-hen tendencies, or whether he was just that special.

"Commander," the rider spoke, extending his gloved hand towards Kinryu, smiling slightly as they shook hands. "It's been a while..."

"Ken..." He grinned. "I'm surprised to see you here... I thought they'd send someone less important for a delivery as simple as this one."

"This isn't the only mission I've been given," Ken explained, moving towards the door with the eerie grace Kimimuri knew belonged to the Special Operations Division at the Council. It seemed there was more going on than what met the eye, Kimimuri mused. "Come. This is a topic better discussed behind closed doors."

As soon as the light from the building hit his face Kinryu understood why. After all, there weren't very many reasons why an Enforcer from the Council would have a nasty two-inch-long cut trailing down the side of his face. "Do you want me to grab Gabriel?" Kinryu's gaze narrowed on the blood staining his tawny brown skin.

"I'm sure Gabriel has much worse injuries to be treating right now," he said, holding the door open for both of them. "Besides, I do know how to heal my own wounds..."

"Kimimuri." The Commander paused just inside the door, staring back at him as he waited warily in the courtyard outside. Something was going on. Something big. Kimimuri didn't like it one bit – he was a Vice-Commander, only one rung down on the hierarchy ladder from his esteemed boss. He deserved to know what exactly was going on, but his Commander only dismissed him like a mischievous child. He was a teenager. There were differences between them, no matter what that idiot might say. "Get a clean-up squad to dispose of the mess you made."

"What about the mess you made?" Kimimuri asked, folding his arms and looking to the side pointedly.

"I didn't make a mess."

"So what did you do with the bodies?"

"I took them to the cells."

"Oh, so there weren't any casualties on your end?"

"No, because unlike you, I'm very good at my job."

He scowled. "Oh, shut up."

"Enough, child."

"You're only seven years older than me!"

"Just make the bloody call already and tell them they'll need to dump a body in the river."

"Which one?"

"Dagmon..." Kinryu said, pointing to the left. "That's the one we normally throw them in, in case you forgot. The only one with an ecosystem which can degrade them without terrifying some poor civilians."

"Body dumping 101... How could I ever forget?" Kimimuri mumbled, grumbling under his breath as he made a quick phone call. It was never easy to rile up the infamous Commander, but he supposed that was what made it so fun to try.