Festivities

Zuelia

"You're not going anywhere looking like that", he says firmly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm twenty years old Tristan, I can wear whatever I want and I do not need your permission", I glare at my brother.

"I am not letting my little sister leave the house looking like a cheap whore", he sneers at me.

I gasp at his remark, clenching my fists at my sides. I look down at my red body-con dress, not understanding what the problem was. It showed a small amount of cleavage and revealed my back with a few cut outs. If I was a prostitute, I would probably be starving looking like this.

"You are so overeating, I look great" I respond, flipping my dark hair over my shoulder. Tristan continues to glare at me with his arms across his chest. I sigh and decide to compromise.

"If I trade my 'hooker heels' for my strappy ones and bring a jacket, will you let me go?", I plead, giving him my best puppy eyes. He sighs, running his hand through his dark hair.

"Alright, but you better behave yourself tonight", he says in a parental tone.

"Yes, dad", I tease.

"I mean it, Lia, no drinking, no boys, and you better be home by two", he says gruffly.

"I know the rules", I say to him rolling my eyes.

"You better show your Alpha some respect if you want to keep those pretty little eyes"

I chuckle at him, knowing that he would never lay a hand on me. Tracy, with her wild head of dark curls, pops up out of nowhere and latches onto Tristan's arm.

"Can I please go to the party, too?", the fifteen year old pouts, batting her eyelashes at him, trying to use her bright green eyes to sway his decision.

"Absolutely not", he says without hesitation, "you are not even old enough to drive, and I'm not letting my baby sister go to some party with boys around".

"I never get to have any fun", she huffs at him. Tracy is the youngest in our family which basically means that she has four older siblings ready to take down anyone who even looks her way. She is the spitting image of our mother, with black curly hair, green eyes and deep tan skin. Tristan has a good combination of our parents; dark wavy hair, that he keeps short, deep brown eyes, and a medium skin tone that gives him a healthy glow.

"How about we stay in and watch some movies", he suggests. She nods her head and walks away probably to go text her friends how she won't be making an appearance at the celebration.

"Have fun, for me Lia!", she shouts over her shoulder.

"I will!", I yell next to Tristan's ear, purposely trying to annoy him. He winces then glares at me knowing that I did it on purpose. Before I can stop him, he reaches out with both hands and ruffles my hair, definitely ruining the style.

"Are you kidding, I just spent an hour on my hair!" I scream at him.

He laughs and runs away before I can retaliate. I let out an angry growl, and take moment to calm myself down. Knowing him he probably went to find Scarlett, his pregnant mate, to hide behind like the wimp he is. Rushing into my room, Raina looks up at me from her position on my bed.

"What happened to your head?", she asks with a frown. Her curious blue eyes study me carefully.

"Tristan happened", I huff as I look in the mirror at my now limp and fuzzy curls. My green eyes stare sadly at, my dark messy hair. Raina gets up from the bed and plugs in the curling wand.